Docs scales are wrong!

Emmamb

Silver Member
My gp was on holiday today so saw a different gp in a different room and her scales were wrong! On my scales I'd lost 3kg since last wi 6 weeks ago-on her scales if lost 9kg/19lbs!!
I know from sw that I weigh approx 17st 4oz,according to the doc I weigh 16stone 1oz?!!??
Which means I'm gonna have to see that doctor from now on lol xx

When I first went to my doctor he weighed me on 3 different sets of scales and each one was different. which is why I go to slimming world. its the same set of scales at the same time each week so I get a better or at least a reasonable weight.

when I went to get the 1st months xen from my doc the 1st set of scales she asked me to stand on were literally broken in half o_O so she had to ring the practice nurse for a different set. Her scales show me as heavier than my scales at home...

I lost 5kg last time I went and was 3-4kg again this time,after weighing on my own scales and slimming worlds every week I know I haven't lost 9kg!

It's probably a good idea to see them again, as if you fo back to your original Dr, it's going to weigh you heavier as there is a significant difference in weight...

I am joining weight watchers later and using them scales alone to track my weight. My scales are GOING!! they need a breal from me constantly jumping on and off them lol. Good luck with the rest of your journey and Im hoping I shif at least 2kg in the next 2 weeks then my new GP starts me back on the xenical. It's been a while and just find it does aid a healthy diet x

I'm going to take my slimming world book in with me when I go next time so he can see a persistent loss and il explain that I thought the other scales were wrong-he may weigh me on both.

I've also had my contraception changed which won't work if I have diarrhoea so I told the gp 'if I see cake il just think babies ,cos I don't want anymore of them' lol xx

Luan1979 said:
I am joining weight watchers later and using them scales alone to track my weight. My scales are GOING!! they need a breal from me constantly jumping on and off them lol. Good luck with the rest of your journey and Im hoping I shif at least 2kg in the next 2 weeks then my new GP starts me back on the xenical. It's been a while and just find it does aid a healthy diet x

Good luck with ur loss-I weigh on slimming world scales every weds but I weigh on my own everyday!! I'm a serial weigher lol xx

Back