Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Docs scales are wrong!

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Emmamb, 20 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Emmamb

Emmamb Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My gp was on holiday today so saw a different gp in a different room and her scales were wrong! On my scales I'd lost 3kg since last wi 6 weeks ago-on her scales if lost 9kg/19lbs!!
    I know from sw that I weigh approx 17st 4oz,according to the doc I weigh 16stone 1oz?!!??
    Which means I'm gonna have to see that doctor from now on lol xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. toofatkat

toofatkat Not such a fat kat now :)

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10.5lb(30.09%)
    Diet:
    low fat calorie counting with slimming world influences
    When I first went to my doctor he weighed me on 3 different sets of scales and each one was different. which is why I go to slimming world. its the same set of scales at the same time each week so I get a better or at least a reasonable weight.

4. butter_on_toast

butter_on_toast Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.14%)
    Diet:
    Xenical ~ low fat,
    when I went to get the 1st months xen from my doc the 1st set of scales she asked me to stand on were literally broken in half o_O so she had to ring the practice nurse for a different set. Her scales show me as heavier than my scales at home...

5. Emmamb

Emmamb Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I lost 5kg last time I went and was 3-4kg again this time,after weighing on my own scales and slimming worlds every week I know I haven't lost 9kg!

6. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    It's probably a good idea to see them again, as if you fo back to your original Dr, it's going to weigh you heavier as there is a significant difference in weight...

7. Luan1979

Luan1979 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers Pro points (old)
    I am joining weight watchers later and using them scales alone to track my weight. My scales are GOING!! they need a breal from me constantly jumping on and off them lol. Good luck with the rest of your journey and Im hoping I shif at least 2kg in the next 2 weeks then my new GP starts me back on the xenical. It's been a while and just find it does aid a healthy diet x

8. Emmamb

Emmamb Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm going to take my slimming world book in with me when I go next time so he can see a persistent loss and il explain that I thought the other scales were wrong-he may weigh me on both.

I've also had my contraception changed which won't work if I have diarrhoea so I told the gp 'if I see cake il just think babies ,cos I don't want anymore of them' lol xx

9. Emmamb

Emmamb Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good luck with ur loss-I weigh on slimming world scales every weds but I weigh on my own everyday!! I'm a serial weigher lol xx

10. Rachgleeson

Rachgleeson Gold Member

Start Weight:
    332.5lb
    Current Weight:
    313.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    19lb(5.71%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers and 16:8 intermittent fasting
    i want to go and see that doctor :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.