Doctor prescribing xenical?

sammi1008

Hi there, I went to see my doctor about going on xenical. She said yes if I lost a certain amount of weight first, I just can't remember what that was? It was wither 5kg or 2.5kg..has anyone been told this before that can help?

Many thanks!

Yes this is quite common. They want to see that you're willing and able to change your diet to warrant you benefitting from xenical.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

They all say different. I just had to spend a month losing weight . I wasn't given a set figure just that I'd gone down bc they knew I'd plateaued which is why they were giving me xen

The bnf (medicines bible) says 5% so figure out what that is bc that'll give you the figure! Tbh 5kg seems more likely! X

The 5% Kirsty is for the first 3 months after you've been given xen. The weight loss before they give it to you seems to vary from doc to doc

Before I was prescribed Xenical, my Doctor said if I lose 5% of my body fat in the 1st month, and then 10% in 3 months, then it works for me and my body but she also said if you don't lose that then over 12 months Xenical won't help me. I did lose 5% in my 1st month and when I went back to my Doctor to get more Xenical, I had written how much I lost each week on a piece of paper and she didn't even ask to weigh me, she just read the piece of paper and prescribed me more Xenical.

It's different with every Doctor so just lose as much as you can. Good luck!

dont think i had a particular amount to have to lose prior to being prescribed the tabs. he just asked me about what effort i had gone to try to lose weight and when i said the different things i had tried he agreed to prescribe them.

I had the same, the doctor wanted me to lose at least 7lb first. I managed and was put on them right away. Best of luck. x

I'm going to the do's to ask for xenical today, so I guess I'll be given the same advice before I can get a prescription so ill let you know x

I got a prescription straight away but I have to lose 5% of my start weight in 3 months or he'll stop prescribing them :)

Back