Doctors orders stop Lipotrim ...

tod2005

Hi all, You probably noticed I haven't been online in a while, well that was because last Sunday night I had major upper stomach cramps and vomiting and had to be admitted to the hospital. Naturally enough I had to tell the docs that I was on the lipotrim diet etc etc. Turns out I got gallbladder sludge as a result and now I have to get the bloody things removed. The docs blamed it on the diet. At first I thought ya ya, another non believer but after telling my friend about it he informed me his girlfriend experienced the same thing 8 weeks ago, another tfr diet, cant nb the name, and then today I googled it and guess what they're right.

So in a nutshell I've been in hospital since sunday, got out today and booked in for surgery on the 18th june.

I have to admit I have been very supportive of this diet to others in the past and have experienced fantastic weight loss as has many of us in this forum, but I have to be honest with myself and let others know what has happened to me. If you google gallbladder sludge you'll get all the details and you can make your own mind up, but in a nutshell...

"Biliary sludge has been associated with certain conditions including rapid weight loss, fasting, pregnancy, medications (ceftriaxone, octreotide), and bone marrow or solid organ transplantation although it most commonly occurs in individuals with no identifiable condition. "

"

The most common symptom of biliary sludge -- when it causes symptoms -- is pain in the abdomen often associated with nausea and vomiting. This occurs when the particles obstruct the ducts leading from the gallbladder to the intestine.
Biliary sludge also may cause more serious complications, including inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis), and inflammation of the gallbladder (cholecystitis).
Biliary sludge can be detected with ultrasound of the abdomen or by directly examining bile contents under a microscope (bile microscopy). If patients with biliary sludge develop symptoms or complications, gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy) is performed as treatment. Since sludge usually does not cause symptoms, it should be strongly suspected that a patients symptoms are due to sludge before the gallbladder is removed."

abstract taken from below link, but plenty of more info can be found in google

Biliary sludge definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms easily defined on MedTerms

So thats it for me folks, good luck to everyone in your weight loss adventures and I really hope you dont end up like me
Tod

Hope youre feeling better soon Tod xxx

Then again tons of people have gall bladder probs...and would you have worse probs if we didnt lose this weight....like you say everyone has to make their own mind up and wiegh up the pros and cons...bonus for you is once you have it removed you can't get it again!!!
Good luck with your op and alternative Weight loss xxx

love ur pics nic x

Cheers hun ...got told to put them back up or have a head wobble of garry lol...thought i would do as my told for once hehe

Back