Doctorwhogirl's Journey of Maintenance on Discovery! :)

doctorwhogirl

HELLLOOOOO! :D
Hi everyone! I've been having great fun this morning being motivated by you all so I've decided to join the ranks!

I suppose I should tell you a little about my weight loss journey.

I've been heavy since my early teens; a simple case of eating too much and not moving enough. I have a tendency to put on weight quite easily but also comfort/stress eat like many people.
Being heavy inhibited me hugely. To be honest, I don't feel like I had a proper teenage life or college experience because of the weight I was carrying. I had no confidence and no energy. I had tried occassionally to lose weight, but the urge to eat junk and binge always won out.

It wasn't until I began working that the weight really began to drag me down. Going out to a pub/club broke my heart because I never felt good enough about myself. One day, I received a wedding invitation in the post from a colleague and when I opened it, I broke down crying. My first thought was "how am I ever going to fit in a dress?". And that was it. I had to do something.

My first move wasn't weightwatchers but instead I joined Figure 8, which is like curves. They weighed me and to my shock and horror I was 16stone on the dot!
Weightwatchers was my next move. I began my local class and loved it from the beginning. I loved my leader, the friendships and recipe ideas. The support was just immense and the structure of the programme gave me everything I needed to lose weight. It was the most determined I had been in years!

Long story short, I worked hard, I tracked, tracked and tracked some more and I exercised. I hit goal in late June 2010! :D:D:D:D

So here I am now, a Gold Member trying to maintain.
Over the past two years I have never gone more than about a stone above goal, which I'm happy with.

Currently, I'm back from holidays and after a break up with my boyfriend and weighed in 2 weeks ago at 11st 3! 17 pounds above goal! :eek: I was horrified but it gave me a push to really make the effort to get back to 10stone! My discovery books were out and a notebook for my tracker!

I got down to 10st 10.5lbs the first week and am now on week two. I currently have an allowance of 19 points.

So this will be an additional record of what I eat and how I'm getting on getting back down to my goal weight as a Gold member! I should also say that exercise is a HUGE part of my life now, so i'll be recording my exercise also!

Apologies for the long winded post, but I hope you enjoy reading my diary and I look forward to reading yours!

DWG xxxx

Yesterday 8/8/12

Catch up 2
Mixed melon and grapes 2
Low fat natural yoghurt 100g 2
Handful bran flakes 1

Garden salad with lots of veg 0
Grilled chicken 2.5
Dressing 1

King Prawns 2
Tagiatelle (50g) 2.5
Lots of Veg 0
Sauce 0.5
2 mini meringues (homemade) 0.5

Airpopped popcorn 1.5
Special K bar 1.5
Small piece of WW marble cake (homemade) 1

Allowed: 19
Used: 18
Saved: 1

Excercise: Mysculpt class at my gym- small bit of cardio, weights and toning. 30 minute walk with the dog

9/8/12

Mixed melon and grapes 2
Low fat natural yoghurt 150g 1
Honey 0.5

Wholegrain wrap 3
Homemade BBQ sauce 1
chicken 2
Stir Fry Veg 0
Special K bar 1.5
2 mini meringues 0.5

ww scone and low fat jam 2
Bowl of bran flakes 30g 2

Airpopped popcorn 2
Special K bar 1.5

Used: 19
Saved: 0

Excercise: TRX class- brilliant exercise!!!

Last edited:
10/8/12 Today's plan; will add to it later :)

Mixed melon and grapes 2
Honey 0.5

Wholegrain wrap 3
Tomato sauce base 0.5
Oven roasted vegetables (made this into a pizza) 0

Stir Fry vegetables 0
Chicken breast 2
Oyster/Soy sauce mix 0.5

Meringues 1.5
Cereal 1
Pink and white 1/2
Airpopped popcorn 2
Special K bar 1.5

Used: 19.5 :mad:
Saved:

Excercise: Fatburn class- mix of cardio and toning 45 mins

Last edited:
Ok, so went a bit over yesterday cos I was baking meringues and then picking. (They're delicious by the way! And only half point each!
So going to add in a few extra points today as catch up to try and stave off the damage. I've learned quickly that at this stage in the game towards goal, even a few points make all the difference and I have to be strict on myself, even if I don't like it :(

Goin to try gnocchi today! Found a pack in Tesco for only 84cent and it works out at 2.5points for 125 grams. I have a feeling that won't be a huge amount so I'm going to make 175 grams and just have a homemade tomato sauce and veg with it! :D Get to try out my new food processor too! (half price in argos at the minute!)

11/8/12 Today's plan; will add to it later :)

Mixed melon and grapes 2

Gnocchi 175g 4
Homemade tomato sauce 0
Oven roasted vegetables 0

Used:
Saved:

Excercise: A walk

Popping in to subscribe,well done for getting to goal and for getting back on it after being side tracked ;0) hope the new food processor is good and you enjoy the gnocchi :0)

Thanks Daisy! :) x

I've been very good the past few days just haven't had a chance to update! In points everyday! I should add I'm not drinking at the moment, just to focus on the weight loss. I don't drink hugely but I'm a 25 year old woman, I go out at the weekend! But any night I've been out I'm on the diet cokes.

I don't feel ANY smaller this week at all. I lost 5.5 last week so if it's a STS tomorrow, so be it. That's still a lot in two weeks. Just wish I could feel it a bit more when I am being soooooo good!

I had a look back over my old trackers btw and for anyone who is falling off the edge, it is an unbelievably motivating thing to do! Looking back on how you used to use your points etc... It's given me great ideas for snacks and dinners that I used to have on WW but had forgotten about!

Anyway here's today!

13/8/12

Bran flakes 30g 1.5
Natural yoghurt 150g low fat 1
Strawberries 0.5

Chicken 2
30g dry wholegrain rice 1.5
one egg and an additional egg white 1.5
Peas 0.5 (REALLY resent pointing bloody peas!)
Beansprouts, carrot, spring onion 0
Soy sauce 0 (made an AMAZING chicken egg fried rice. Way nicer than chinese!)

Cereal bar 1
Pear 1

WW brown sliced bread x2 1.5
Slice ham 0.5
10g low fat grated cheese 1
Sugar free mango and passionfruit jelly pot! 0 (YUM!)

WW recipe homemade scone and SF jam 2

Crisps 1
Special K bites 1.5

Used: 17.5
Saved: 1.5

Exercise : Boxing

Good day! :D

Hi,well done on getting back into it so well,great idea with looking back through your old trackers to encourage you and spur you on :0) good luck for wi.The weight will come off so no beating yourself up! Well done on not drinking either,am sure that will help :0)

Hi, doctorwhogirl :)
I know it will probably be quite obvious when you say, but how do you make your chicken egg fried rice? (please) :)

Well done for being so focused... I wish I was! :(

TIA :)

Hey all. Well as I posted in the weigh in thread I have GAINED 1.5lbs this week!!!!!!!!!!! :O At least. Could be 2. My scales were wavering.

I am so disheartened and disappointed! Cannot fathom where I went wrong at all from last week. I can understand a STS given the big loss last week but a gain!?!?! Can't explain it. Drinking LITRES of water today to try and see is it water weight. Really feel like I could just throw my hat at it at this stage. I'm a long time at the weight watchers game, three years this month. The past year as been spent dancing around trying to get back down to 10 stone and now that I really put my mind to it, I've gained. So hard to stay motivated.

Hi squiggle! Focused yes, losing weight...no! :p

Here's how I made my rice!
Diced my chicken breast and fried in fry light with seasoning.

Took chicken out and put aside.
Put rice on the boil
Put a drop of boiling water in the pan just to get the chicken juices moving and added in the veg to fry (beansprouts, carrots finely chopped, peas, mushrooms, spring onions)
took veg out and put them aside with the chicken.
Added egg and egg white into frying pan and after about 10 seconds broke the egg up with the spatula into pieces.
Added back in the chicken, veg and the now cooked and drained rice. Added in a good helping of soy sauce and mixed well.

Then I ate it with a big smile cos it was delicious! :D

Have you exercised more as that can sometimes lead to a gain or could be water weight like you say,don't give up,keep going and you will get there :0)

Nope same amount of exercise as last week. Only thing I can think of is I finished antibiotics on Friday so unless it's an aftermath of that.
We'll see tomorrow!

Was ok today, one point over but I was fit to eat rings around myself today I was so annoyed so not too bad

Cereal 2.5
Yoghurt 1.5

Meringue 0.5
Granola 1.5

WW bread x4 3
Cheese 1
Ham 0.5
Crisps 1
Weetabix bar 1

Roast chicken 120g 2
Sweetcorn 0.5
Cabbage 0
Potato 1
SF jelly 0

Scone and sf jam 2
Crisps 2

Allowed 19
Used 20
Over by 1

Exercise: 4km jog

Thanks Daisy! And thanks Hollie for subscribing!

Yeah checked the scales and we definitely have a gain of 1.5 :(

But on we go! That's still 4 pounds in two weeks, 2 pounds a week. Happy days! :D

I've started a blog on the WW community just to rant a bit more and to post up recipes etc... Thought it might help me to keep my focus! The link is in my signature!

We've got terrential wind and rain here which is nice for the middle of August :rolleyes:

Today so far!

Catch up from yesterday 1
Rice Crispies 30g 1.5
Drop of skimmed milk 0.5
Yoghurt 0.5

30g Wgrain rice 1.5
One egg and egg white 1.5
Beansprouts, mushrooms, carrots 0
Peas 0.5
Creme caramel 1.5

Fruit after gym 2

WW shepherds Pie 3.5
Light Muller Rice 2

Crisps 1
Special K bar 1.5

Total 18.5/19
Exercise: Bodyblitz class

Last edited:
Raaargh! I hate misleading packaging!

I just was eating my Muller Rice LIght, my last treat of the day only to find that while the only nutritional information given at the side is for 100g, the tub itself is 190g!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm normally so careful on these things! Now I'm one point down on tomorrow already and haven't even started!

I've a good mind to write to Muller to complain! :p Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

The worst thing ive ever been caught out by is the light choices meals frm tesco ive had a few which say how many points decided to check just to be safe n they have be more

doctorwhogirl said:
Raaargh! I hate misleading packaging!

I just was eating my Muller Rice LIght, my last treat of the day only to find that while the only nutritional information given at the side is for 100g, the tub itself is 190g!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm normally so careful on these things! Now I'm one point down on tomorrow already and haven't even started!

I've a good mind to write to Muller to complain! :p Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I hate that aswell! Don't lose a point if you need it or have some fruit to replace it!

The worst thing ive ever been caught out by is the light choices meals frm tesco ive had a few which say how many points decided to check just to be safe n they have be more

really!?! God I must check! Doing discovery I always point the stuff myself on the calculator because it's different but the odd time I just go with the pp! That's desperate!

I hate that aswell! Don't lose a point if you need it or have some fruit to replace it!

Thanks BD, what's worse is I bought the multi pack cos they were on offer!!! :rolleyes:
So I'll be pawning them off on any visitors and family members I guess!

Back