Total Solution Does anyone do just soups and bars?

kookiethekat

Hi all

I am new to Exante, having failed on both WW and SW. I get my first pack tomorrow and am going to start on Monday (I have been doing low carb this week to try and prepare myself)

Now to the question, does anyone do just soups and bars (or even just soups). I am really funny about shakes, even the smell of slim fast shakes make me want to heave.

Will I get on ok if I don't have the shakes? I was planning on having a bar for breakfast everyday and soup for lunch and dinner.

Interestingly more people seem to prefer the Exante shakes to the soups! But there's no reason why you can't do the plan without the shakes.

The Slimfast shakes are different in that they contain sugar and so are much sweeter than the Exante ones.

Interestingly more people seem to prefer the Exante shakes to the soups! But there's no reason why you can't do the plan without the shakes.

The Slimfast shakes are different in that they contain sugar and so are much sweeter than the Exante ones.

Yes thats the smell, sweet and sickly

A friend of mine who has got to goal is going to send me a couple of her leftover shakes so I think I will try before I make a decision

Thanks

Sorry tried to edit and my phone started playing up.. In short I was just saying give them all a go as I expected to like the soups but couldn't even get through a quarter of one. The shakes are ok if you add extra water!

Last edited:
If you dont want to have shakes thats not a problem, you dont have to, so long as you have 3 packs a day thats what matters, shakes are optional

i HATE shakes, all through my life milkshakes (even to look at them) they make me feel sick and the thought of drinking them makes me urge. But these shakes are fine......ok i still have to drink them using a straw and down them within 30 seconds but i dont feel sick at all. On the other hand the soups :( no thankyou!!!!

no i dont think of them as milkshakes either, what i said was all through my life ie when i was a child and growing up i hated milkshakes. These ocviously aren't "milkshakes" but just shakes.

With both the shakes and soups I make them up to 400ml of water instead of the recommended 250-300. Any less and the taste is too strong, especially the soups. Perhaps more water will make a difference? It depends on everyone's taste really. Xxx

Well a friend of mine gave me some of her leftover shakes and I have just made the choco hot with peppermint tea. It's not bad, I don't like the smell and I will probably drink it through a straw but not nearly as bad as I was expecting

I only like the banana shake, so I mostly have 1 bar and 2 soups a day.

I really love the soups esp the thai chicken. I sometimes add a sweetener to the chicken soup, makes it taste more like a thai coconut curry

Just to update this. I am actually loving the shakes. I really didn't think I would

The strawberry is my fav. Blended with plenty of ice

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi Kooky, I mostly just have soups and bars and am finding it ok - sometimes the bars taste so 'proteiny' (like a health food shop smells!) so I bought some measure up from Asda and the strawberry yoghurt ones are lovely, and Tesco chocolate crunch bars are just like chocolate krispie cakes. Good luck with your journey and remember, your tastes do change with the plan, so if you don't like them at first, try again a couple of weeks in. xx

geordiebear said:
Hi Kooky, I mostly just have soups and bars and am finding it ok - sometimes the bars taste so 'proteiny' (like a health food shop smells!) so I bought some measure up from Asda and the strawberry yoghurt ones are lovely, and Tesco chocolate crunch bars are just like chocolate krispie cakes. Good luck with your journey and remember, your tastes do change with the plan, so if you don't like them at first, try again a couple of weeks in. xx

Hi,
Are the Tesco/asda bars as big as Exante and do they fill you up?

BIGGER!!!! Or at least longer, and yes they are filling - I usually can eat for England, but on this plan these bars are hard work in one sitting. x

Back