Does anyone drink tap water?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by babyphat, 28 February 2007 Social URL.

1. babyphat

babyphat Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    hey everyone

just wondering how many people drink tap water and whether its good or bad for you. i cant afford to buy so much mineral water a week, so i drink tap but ive heard its got so many chemicals in it. does anyone use those water filters and are they good?

thanx

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I drink tap water ....

When i go down to my parents in Kent and my SIL in Middlesex they filter their water ...

I do like soda water which I mix with the orange water flavouring and tastes like old fashioned lemonade.

4. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    i use a water filter, like you, i can't afford bottled & don't see why i should pay twice ie rates & bottles !

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    6 litres of tap water every day!

I put it through a Brita water filter (dead cheap!)

Tastes lovely and not fallen over yet.

Mike

6. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    I use a water filter and as I live in a hard water area it makes a lot of difference. I drink 6 pints of this per day and then 2 pints of the cheapest shop brand sparkling water with water flavourings in it for a treat towards the end of the day.

7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I drink tap water I refill litre bottles and keep them chilled in the fridge.

8. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Im a bottled mineral water person.

9. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

I drink either brita filtered water or tap water.... no probs!!!! In fact the water out my bathroom tap is nicer than my kitchen....mmmmm bizarre....LOL!!!

10. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

When doing LL Development I liked tap water (boiled in the kettle) with a tiny bit of lemon water flavouring. Now I have the hot water flavoured with lemon or lime juice.

Occasionally by Tesco's value sparkling water as a change (I think it's 11p a 2 litre bottle)

11. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!

OMG, I thought I was the only person who loved bathroom water!!! DH thinks Im a fruitcake!!

Its got to be the old aqua de la tap for me, cant beat a pint of bathroom clear!!!

12. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins

not sure i wanna know how u discovered that! hehe

Im the same as mich, i use brita filter but if i havent bothered to refill it, i'll use tap water. doesnt seem to be a prob.

xx

13. skinnyjan

skinnyjan Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Like many others I drink tap water in the day and v chaep sparkling water at night as a treat! Can't afford mineral water on top of the LL expense!!

Be careful with drinking bathroom water as one of my dad's neighbours became very ill from it.. his came from a tank in the loft..

14. chrismars

chrismars Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I drink both tap and mineral. Mineral normally at work where I don't have to pay for it (goodness, are they getting through the water since started LL!!).

I find the tap water tastes better if it's been in the fridge for a while - not for too long as it then makes it more difficult to drink.

Chris http://liveifelighter.blogspot.com

15. meghan1409

meghan1409 Full Member

Yup, 5-6 litres of tap water for me, unfiltered. I seem to be okay so far!

16. Vorlina

Vorlina Full Member

Diet:
    Slimfast
    Tap for me too - four litres at work then another 1.5-2 at home. When I go out I drink soda water as a) its free and b) I like it!

17. AngieBabie

AngieBabie Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life/Cambridge
    I drink bottled water and usually buy the brand thats on BOGOF offer that particular week. The only 'treat' I have on this diet is my bottled water (sad I know) so I make sure that I have my order in with Tesco's so I don't feel left out! Angela x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    brit filtered water although I get the tesco replacement cartridges as cheaper....

20. slinkytobe

slinkytobe Full Member

I buy 2 litre mineral water for the week and drink 1 bottle a day. I drink the first 2 ltrs then fill up either from Brita filter or tap for second 2 ltrs.

21. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I drink tap water at home as the water here is very good but at work (which is 35 miles away) I always drink bottled as the water is horrid, it goes all cloudy and stays that way for a few minutes - really don't want that in my stomach.

22. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Mineral water tastes funny......:confused::confused::confused: I'm forever emptying out mineral water from new bottles so I can put tap water in. :crazy:

Maybe the hard water/soft water makes a big difference....never really had hard water. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.