Does anyone else feel guilty?

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else struggles with guilt when they eat late at night?
I stuck to the plan 100% yesterday but around 11pm I felt unusually hungry so instead of picking
a small treat with my lft over syns or free foods, I had a combination of both. I made 2 very thin burgers (7syns)
3 kerry low cheese slices (he A) and 2 smal slices warburtons bread (6 syns).
This took me to 16.5 syns for the day but for some reason today I feel like I lost control even though I only went
over my syns by 1.5. Why do I feel so guilty about this? Is it because I ate so late on? I just dont know and I'm
concerned that having these feelings might result in me sabotaging myself as they have doen so many times in the past.

Don't feel guilty, just deduct the syns from the next day when you've only gone over by that low amount.

Do you find you struggle in the evenings? I find I do so what I do is save syns and/or healthy extras to eat at about 8:30pm. My fave evening munchie is an options (sometimes made with all 250ml of semi skimmed milk) a packet of velvet crunch and a hifi bar. But this varies on what healthy extras I have left!! But I always make sure there's syns left to play with because I'm always peckish at this time of night.

I had 13.5 syns yesterday and still feel guilty! I think it's because I ate 3 big meals, and still snacked, although 100% on plan.

Im still struggling to see this as a healthy eating plan for life rather than a diet with no naughties!

Thanks for the comments guys. I usually only do red or green days and yesterday was red. I didnt have lunch due to having to take an elderly relative to the hospital and probably why I was so hungry, so my late night munch was technically my 3rd meal I suppose. I just felt so bad eating so late and I'm left with these guilty feelings. I dont normally eat late at night and I know this was unusual so I should logically be able to realise that there was nothing wrong with it but the guilt is similar to when I used to binge and I know how destructive those feelings were so it's a bit scary to be having them even though I stuck to the plan albeit at strange times.

Am I making any sense or just rambling lol. Crikey trying to lose weight can really mess with your head sometimes :crazy:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. It's hard to get past these feelings sometimes but your support and advice definitely helps loads xxx

My answer when I saw the title of this thread "does anyone else feel guilty" was no. This was before I knew what anyone was feeling guilty about! I refuse to feel guilty about anything (unless I have murdered someone, or kicked the cat, or robbed a bank).

Seriously, guilt is the biggest waste of time and energy. It serves no purpose, just makes people feel bad for no good reason. You make a mistake, you put it right. You do something which is within the rules then it's fine - feeling guilty won't change a thing. I know it is a hard thing to give up, but it has to be done.

Hi, theres been a few days in my 3 weeks that i've hit 22 syns (Can't seem to resist the biscuit tin at work :() but as long as you make it up over the week, you should be fine. It is hard not to feel naughty or guilty after you've done it but just let the weight loss speak for itself. As long as the weight is coming off, try not to worry, just be honest and log it in your food diary, so that if you do start adding weight you can see where you are going wrong.
Good luck

Back