Does anyone else find it hard to see a change in themselves??

I'm 1 stone 8bs down from my heaviest now and i can feel some differences sometimes, and some days i feel really good.

But I'm finding it hard to accept my shape is really changing, I feel like the scales are just tricking me and im still the same.

I put 2 pics together to see, and on the screen I can see a difference, slightly but in everyday life its not apparant to me,

is it a psycological thing?

Last edited:
You can definitely tell the difference well done xx

Agree you can definately see a difference :). I do think we are so critical of ourselves, also the longer you continue to lose weight the more you get used to the new emerging self and then start to think your not getting anywhere at all.
I think taking progress pictures and measurement regulary are a real help to show just how far you've come.

Big congrats X

I can definitely see the difference in your pics!

I am experiencing the same feelings right now. I am 23lb down and although most of the time I do feel slightly different I am still convinced my scales are telling lies and my measurements too. Yep that sounds a really odd thing to say but that's just how I feel. I've always been very critical of myself and have no confidence. My mum is always telling me to stop being so hard on myself but I can't help it.

I think my problem is I've had 4 kids so I'm literally ALL belly. Its huge, I'm genuinly (not trying to be funny at all) Teletubby shaped :(

So whereas on photos like that I can see my face is slimmer and i can see my collar bones a bit now my belly is absolutly HUGE still and I think im gonna have to plunge into stupid numbers in order to get ris of it ALL or resign myself to always having a pudding belly :(

When I look in the mirror all I can see is my stomach :(

It can be hard to judge your own losses. To myself 17lb down makes a fractional difference, to people who havent seen me in a while they notice - but my OH says he cant see anything..which is a bit of a downer!!

Stick with it hun, you will see the changes :) this is why I like to measure, the tape measure dosent lie! (photos can be evil!!)

Your doing ace xx

I've not measured myself, im scared there wont be enough tape for my middle!! :8855:

I had the same concern about measuring my boobs :p lol we're all getting there..hehe :)

I've lost 32lbs and can't see a change at all yet! I guess I must have been more hideous than I thought to start with!!! Lol

I'm 51lb down and comparing pics I see it straight away but now im used to being 51lb lighter it doesn't seem enough now and doesnt feel like I've lost much if that makes sence lol

I'm the same my belly is the worse and biggest part and I wonder will it ever shift?!?!

I guess it takes time and we have got too keep looking back at pictures and measurements to remind ourselves how great we are doing :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with Steph, I cant see a difference lately and over 4 stone down, seems I notice the big difference at about 2 and half stone. Still have a couple of stone to go, and although it is easy to do now, everything seems to have slowed down, the belly is huge, BUT I do feel bones in places where I did not know I had them. Keep it up, will all be worth it,

The only difference i can see and only because i have recently had a baby is that i dont look like i am still 9 months pregnant but my belly is still massive and gets me down sometimes but i troop on as i know its a long battle which i will only make longer if i stray everytime i feel down which i have done previously on sw so this time i chose a vlcd as the results are quicker and the fact i have spent so much money on it wont encourage me to stray x
I'm sure we will all see results soon enough x

My clothes help remind me of the changes!

Have the same Primark (work!) trousers in 4 different sizes now - the largest is way too big (& I'm keeping them as permanent warning/the slim in big trousers photo!), size down are definitely need a belt now, aiming to start on the second smallest next week & then a target size still a way off. :D

I started at a heavier weight than you but it took me until I had lost 3 stone to actually 'feel' smaller. I'm now 11lbs off my goal which is BMI 25 but I still have a bit of a stomach overhang that I can't see shifting in 11lbs. My boobs also haven't shrunk down a cup size which is a pain but other parts of me like my shoulders and collar bones are starting to feel quite bony. I guess many of us won't be our ideal shape when at goal. I don't want to lose too much more than what I have left to go as I think I'll start to get too wrinkly so I'll just have to put up with my shape. I guess it looks ok when I'm wearing clothes and I don't intend to walk around in crop tops at my age anyway :)

I have lost my boobs!
Everyone at work says they can see big changes in me but that's the only thing I can see!
I know my trousers are loose and I have had to buy some interim ones for work, apart from that the brain hasn't worked out that I have lost weight?
Ho hum it will all work out..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I have taken my measurements and do so every month (on this plan I might do it every couple of weeks)
and every time I lose an inch I get a paperclip and join them each paperclip is about an inch and its so motivational to see the string of them growing :)

I'm 1 stone 8bs down from my heaviest now and i can feel some differences sometimes, and some days i feel really good.

But I'm finding it hard to accept my shape is really changing, I feel like the scales are just tricking me and im still the same.

I put 2 pics together to see, and on the screen I can see a difference, slightly but in everyday life its not apparant to me,

is it a psycological thing?

I totally feel the same!! I thought how i saw myself would get better!!!

I FEEL amazing I'm hoping the thinking i look good will come after lol...

X

Back