Does anyone else get 'fat days'

Emzy22

Heya everyone=) I hope you're all having a great start to the new week. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has days when despite loosing weight already they still just feel really fat and not quite good enough? I know my relationship with my body image is very asqew and i'm working on it, but I was kind of hoping by the time i managed to get my BMI down to normal i'd be feeling at least a little bit differently towards myself. Sorry to be whining and moaning, i just wondered if this happened to anyone else, and if it did what did you do to make change your thinking? I'm aware that the CBT tricks from LLC should help in this situation but no matter what i write down and try to turn around into my positive thinking it just isn't working for me at the moment.
Sorry if i just massivley put a downer on anyone or anyones dayxxxxxxx

Yep. I've lost a lot of weight, I have a boyfriend who tells me that I'm beautiful and sexy, I've been maintaining this weight for nearly a year now.... but some days I just feel fat and useless!

Don't worry, I think it's normal.

Yes, yes and yes again! I think it's difficult for your mind to catch up with your body...

(My other problem is that having a "fat" day is a major trigger for me... which then turns itself into real fat, something I'm tackling at the moment :()

oh yes defintitely

I am now below my original goal weight, a very healthy 115-118lbs (I fluctuate throughout the day) but some days, like today, I feel fat.

I know in my head that I am not fat and I have been maintaining long enough that I do see myself as slim in the mirror the majority of the time but on the occasional morning I will try on about 20 tops because they all make me look and feel fat.

It is definitely all in my head and the longer I maintain the less it happens but I don't think anyone is 100% truely happy with their body. I'm just happy it's much better than it was

This still happens to me as well. But I have taken note of when I have felt this way and it has a pattern. In the week before my period I feel more tired, more emotional, irritable, bloated, hungry and FAT. No matter how slim I actually am, I get on a downer about myself. These days I tend to look at the saggy bits and wonder if losing weight was the right thing to do, whether I should lose some more, that my clothes never look right on me....I could go on.

But then like a miracle, the day my period starts it all disappears and I am loving myself more than ever.

it is probably a normal thing to do with our hormones - but it doesn't mean we have to accept it. Don't let it get the better of you. tell yourself off for being so negative, write a letter to yourself congratulating you for the hard work you have done so far and ask for those around you to remind you of how far you have come. Try looking at some old photos too.

it might not work, but it might just help you get past a few rotten days out of what is otherwise an excellent month...

Thank you guys for all your lovely posts, it's comforting to know it's not just my brain being silly=P
Also thank you nzmegs for the ideas there, i'm deff going to get right onto a few of those tonight to perk myself up=)xxxxxx

Back