Does anyone else have a motivation sock?

SandyT

I weigh myself every Sunday morning and what ever I lose I exchange for rice (cheap bags bought from Aldi at 40p) and the rice then goes into one of my daughters old above the knee socks, I write on a label each week how much I've lost and the total weight. It lives in the middle of my dining room table so I can eye ball it everytime I walk in my kitchen, if I feel the need to stray - I go pick it up, give it a hug and realise just how much it weights 1st7lbs8 and how far I have come and thats all I need for a powerful "DONT YOU DARE EAT ANYTHING TO UPSET THE SOCK!!!!!!!"

Just wondering if anyone else does this or anything similar??

I don't, but I wish I would of what a great idea! I feel like I'm slacking at the moment and wanting foods I'm not allowed, I need to find something like this to do! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And here it is.....

Motivation sock2.jpg

Attachments

• Motivation sock2.jpg
    Motivation sock2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 202
woa it's full to bursting!

When i started losing weight i used to fill up old coke bottles with water to match my losses, put them in a box and lift it up to feel how heavy it was. Moved house since then though and i threw them out. Quite often now i just pick up my four year old daughter when i was to feel how far i've come. She weighs 3 stone and i've lost 4.5 stone, and she feels so heavy to me i couldn't carry her around for more than a few minutes, makes me wonder how i manage to shift my weight around all day when i was so heavy - no wonder i was tired all the time!

Wow - well done you!!! Now thats an amazing achievement :)

My sock is now full and it has a friend-ahh..

Last edited:
I've just made a new one- out of some pink fleece. When I poured the 2 socks of rice into it- I got such a shock and how much my weight loss actually weighs- just shows what yr poor joints have to put up with. No wonder I can run up the stairs every time now. Ill upload a new pic. Xx

My New Motivation Sock

image.jpg

It is shocking when you realise how much weight u was carrying. I went to a fire station open day and they had a healthy eating table and there was a big clump of fat to show u what it's like in our body, it was soooo heavy and I was like wow is that like 10lb of fat and they said no its only 1!!! I couldn't believe it! I've lost 74 of them, my poor little body I'm not even 5 foot lol xxx

Good god- how much!!!! That's amazing and what an enormous achievement - well done you!!! That would b one hell of a sock with all that in it. Wow :0)))))

Haha yeah I guess it would be a pretty big sock lol x

Did anyone make up a sock? Mine is a sack now!

Brilliant idea! My daughter has lost just over a stone, but maintained this week and is very deflated after sticking to plan. I'm going to make her a sock for when she gets home from work to show her how well she's doing! Thanks :)

Hey everyone my sock/sack now weighs 3st7 haha ....fab :0)

Well done Sandy its a good feeling being free of that amount of weight isn't it :)

Back