does anyone have a fave bottled water brand?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by hippychicken, 5 October 2008 Social URL.

1. hippychicken

hippychicken Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating for life
    i love spa water its in blue coloured bottle it tastes soo much nicer bf thinks im crazy!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yep. Mine comes from a company called 'Tap'. Fantastic stuff. Really fresh tasting, and stored underground :clap:

You unsrew the top, and it flows out whatever speed you want.:eek: The 'container' is a lovely shiny stainless steel.

Refreshing stuff. Not available in local supermarkets, but have plenty in my kitchen :cool:

4. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :doh:....only had to read this 3 times before I "clicked!!!" what you were on about!!

Jeez...I need to get out more...lol:rolleyes::D

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    :D :D

6. Ro Laren

Ro Laren 7st 11lbs down ...

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(29.46%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Another vote for 'Tap' here! 50p a day, unlimited supply, often contains less bacteria than bottled sources and delicious.

7. medhurst37

medhurst37 Full Member

KD LOL after I fell in and realised that Tap was not a new brand I chuckled for ages, thanks for making my day.
    I do agree though tap water is as good as any other, I keep 2 one litre bottles in the fridge and just keep them topped up, I dread to think what I would have spent otherwise.

8. lynnwilliams

lynnwilliams Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    I use tap water too tho we have a water softener installed coz my town is chalky..lol and hard water. But the softener is great.

9. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    i love my tap water too,prefer it to any other brand out there.
    but if i am out and have to buy one it has to be volvic,its the nicest.
    elaine x

10. That's_So_Fetch

That's_So_Fetch Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    This might sound weird but i cant drink tap water because its too cold for me and i get a bad throat (especially with trying to drink between 3-4litres a day). I'm ok with using it to make my shakes hot. With bottled water, i can only drink Volvic, i dont know why. I tried to drink Evian once but it gave me a wierd taste in my mouth and i felt sick. :) xx

11. annaphylactic

annaphylactic Guess who's back...?

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2.5lb(19.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey all - I've been getting on quite well with Buxton, and Evian... but today I have pushed the boat out and gone for Aqua-Pura as it was on offer in Morrisons! Hehe... our lives are SO cutting edge...!

I use tap for shakes and stuff but can't stand the flavour. I have a filter at home that I use when I'm there... but I read somewhere than re-using bottles can release carcinogens that cause cancer... and in fact, after using one evian bottle about 3/4 times over I started noticing little black spore things appearing in the plastic - so I am terrified now!!
    x

12. hippychicken

hippychicken Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating for life
    i dont drink the spa only i do drink tap water, but i just noticed that spa water is tastier so i brought a few bottles!

13. emzski

emzski Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.49%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I drink tap water too, I fill up two 2 liter bottles and store in fridge then decant through the day. So far today I have drank 2 liters no problem!! I'm lucky I love in the north of Scotland and our water is lovely!

Its ok to re use bottles as longs as you wash them regularly so Bactria doesn't grow. I saw a program where they tested sports bottles in a gym made me feel sick!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.