Does anyone have a target DAY or OCCASION?

I am due to go to my husbands work colleagues wedding on the 16th June and all his friends know I am a size 22 at the moment and I'm sure take the piss because my gorgeous husband is very handsome and athletic and we don't "fit" together at all. Although he is hugely loving and supportive no matter what size I am. But I intend to appear at this wedding in a size twelve dress and killer heels to shock them all and make my husband proud, plus slow dance with his arms wrapped RIGHT round me. Plus it will be our first night out without the little ones for about eighteen months.

Just wondered if anyone else had a special occasion to shock any previous meanies? X

I have a wedding to go to in august.
Now some of the family get on and some of us dont so I want to turn up looking stunning and make them all jealous of how well I've done!!
I would love to be a size 16 by then, not sure if it's possible but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed.

Oh and I'm the same hun, my bf is tall, gorgeous and athletic and I'm sure people wonder why the heck he's with me. So I also want to be able to look good with him :)

Oh it's really horrible isn't it. Although great for us we have such good looking men in our lives (wink wink) but I swear sometimes I can actually read peoples minds asking why that good looking fella is with that big fat girl. I'm so sick of all these horrible twisted thoughts, just want to be a healthy, happy wife and mother! Really looking forward to going up the school in my floaty summer clothes and my little girl saying how pretty I look. It's going to be good for my whole family as sometimes I hear little comments about her fat mum from the other kids...kind of heartbreaking really!

We will spur each other on for our wedding extravaganzas, although the thought is going through my head ...must...try...not...to...outshine...the...bride

Lol

Lol ladies, when I met my husband he was a black belt kickboxer with muscles to die for, 6 years down the line I've kinda ruined that feeding him up pmsl!! Na he's looking great again now as has been eating properly with me for the last year and is almost at goal weight!

I'm turning 30 in July so thats when I'd like to be at goal weight for or as close to goal weight as I can as I'd rather be flirty at thirty than fat at thirty and feeling miserable!! Good luck to us all xx

My goal is 1st September

This date is for me alone, nobody else!

I have booked a short cruise - just 3 days - but in a suite, with a jacuzzi tub and all the trimmings! Plan to spend 3 days completely relaxing - and spend a lot of time in the spa getting pampered :D

My goal is 1st September

This date is for me alone, nobody else!

I have booked a short cruise - just 3 days - but in a suite, with a jacuzzi tub and all the trimmings! Plan to spend 3 days completely relaxing - and spend a lot of time in the spa getting pampered :D

sounds lovely, I'm hoping to book a short break for my birthday too if money will allow...would be fabulous!xx

oh go on, no ones listening hehehe!! I know I'll be fine when I'm at home but it will be going visiting when I'll get stick from my mother in law for doing it I'm sure but I will just shut my ears to it lol xx

I am the same, my husband is a total gym buff, he trains all the time, got a gorgeous bod complete with an 8 pack! I am convinced EVERYONE wonders why the hell he is with me.

Anyway I have my birthday in mind which is mid may. Id like to have a really good grily night out with all my friends, however am now thinking I might be lucky enough to finish mid april if I can lose on average 12lbs a month. I just want to get out in some nice clothes and have fun. This diet can be very unsocial at times so dying to get back into the swing of socializing again. I am beginning to feel like the old me again!

My goal in my 41st birthday in august... as last year my 40th birthday celebrations didnt really happen as my father in law was ill all year and then passed away a couple of days before my birthday so no-one was really in the mood to celebrate... but my hubby has said that this years birthday will be special instead and i want to look my best for it.. so in 7mths and ideally 7stone lighter it will be a birthday to remember.

My goal in my 41st birthday in august... as last year my 40th birthday celebrations didnt really happen as my father in law was ill all year and then passed away a couple of days before my birthday so no-one was really in the mood to celebrate... but my hubby has said that this years birthday will be special instead and i want to look my best for it.. so in 7mths and ideally 7stone lighter it will be a birthday to remember.

Fabulous motivation! :)

Stick to it and you will reach that goal :D

My first goal is the 26th of April, I need to average 4lbs a week to get it so fingers crossed, then it's to be a slim size 10 for October and hopefully around the 9stone mark if not lower!!!
The April deadline is for my holiday to Mexico, 2 weeks of wearing practically no clothes so a definitely need to shift this flab! And then October as I have a yearly conference to attend and at the last one I was a big lump in an unflattering pencil dress, this time I wanna be a sexy business woman hahah!!

With all the support on this site I'm pretty sure we will all achieve our goals!!!! Good luck everyone!!!

This thread is incredibly inspiring. I didn't have a goal in mind beyond feeling comfy in my own skin come summer.

I have no special events this year and no holiday plans. I'm going to see if I can think up some kind of goal weight reward to help motivate me, maybe a spa day or something. :)

Deb its always good to have some rewards for when u hit ur targets. Mini rewards in between are good too, a new hair do or new pair of shoes, getting ur nails donw..whatever u like really. Its great to hear everyones motivation, reminds u of ur own.xx

well I have lots to look forward to this year , first I have my little brothers wedding on the 28th April , as my family live in the midlands it will be nice to shock them all with me nice and slimmer . Would love to lose 2 1/2 stone by then and get back in a size 14 ( dress/jacket is a 14 Ive bought lol) . Then My hubby leaves the navy so we have agreed to start having weekends away and holidays , first one beginning of june in Portugal . Going to stay with family in france in August and Im planning a girls mid week break away so I dont want to be covering up all holiday and nothing fitting me and hiding away not enjoying my self. By August I definately want to be at my Target of 11 1/2 stone so 4 stone in total.

I have my sisters wedding in December, im a bridesmaid and ideally I would like to be a size 10 by then. My aim is though to get to a size 10 for my birthday in July and then maintain for the wedding. I have also been single for 2 years now and have a little girl and i would love to be fit and healthy for her and perhaps meet someone.

This year is my year!! I've been a 10 before I can do it again!!!!!!!

This year is my year!! I've been a 10 before I can do it again!!!!!!!

Love that type of positivity, with that on board nothing will stop u!! Go for it hun xx

Hi, I also have a big birthday this year... 40 eek!! That's at the beginning of June so I guess that's my first target. We're going for a week to Cornwall at the end of May with the 2 kids and then hubby and I are going for a spa weekend and posh dinner so I'd like to not feel really ashamed of the way I look and be able to wear a lovely outfit for the occasion. I'd like to be 14st by then but that's a pretty big ask. A size 18 would be good... Whatever weight that is. We also have my hubby's nieces wedding in July and my dh's family range from big to enormous (except the super-skinny bride herself!) so my dh and I are determined to look good and show that at least part of the family can manage their weight! We then have a weekend in August when my little boy turns 1 on the 11th, we're having him Christened on the 12th and my daughter is 3 on the 13th... All very hectic but it will be a big friends and family weekend so I really want to look good. Then finally, I go back to work after mat leave at some point (as late as possible preferably!!) and so want to look good and feel good in smart suits etc...

Phew.... So if that lot doesn't keep me motivated to lose weight then nothing will!!!

Cx

I have my sister's wedding in May and I am bridesmaid so need to be looking alot better than I am now, I used to always be smaller than my sister and she lost five stone two years ago and looks really good but since then I just get remarks about weight from other people so I need to do this so I can look good in my dress. Also I have been single for far too long now so I really want to do this and get my confidence back and hopefully meet someone special.

by end of april for me....as i have always promised myself that i will be a size 12 by each summer and never done it....but this year am gonna do it and be a size 10 instead.....and prove to myself and everyone else, mostly all my skinny relatives and all my skinny friends that i can do it...

Back