Does anyone have a treat after their weigh in?

laurawalker85

I usually do, but as I havent been having the greatest weight losses I was thinking of stopping doing so, but I just wanted to see how many people did and if they think it might affect their weight loss in any way for the upcoming week? My weigh in is tonight!

Of course it affects your weigh in!
If it's not on plan then it's extra calories which will show at some point.

Lots of people do have a treat - do a search, you'll find lots of threads on this.

I meant directly after your weigh in, so for instance mine is 7.30pm, so I would go home have my normal planned dinner and maybe a chocolate bar or something as the treat then from friday morning continue on the plan as normal.

But a chocolate bar can be on plan so it shouldn't affect your weight loss?
I thought you meant a "blow out" treat, which a lot of people do have.

I always have a treat on a Friday or Saturday, i allow myself 20 syns, then have none on a Thursday, so it evens up over the week. Weigh in day is Friday morning xxx

No, Part of changing your eating habits is to STOP rewarding yourself with food.
Plan your syns to incorporate your chocolate bar, but don't scrap them.
Plan for your favourite meal with your choc as a dessert.

If you google search this question (treat night slimming world minimins) you will find that it gets asked every couple of months, but has been asked several times in the last few weeks.

So the answer is yes treat yourself but NO to going over your syns for it!

I used to find that having a treat after WI would kickstart my metoblism other wise I wouldn't lose the following week. Odd but jammy!

If it works for you enjoy, but if it hinders your weightloss it's just not worth it!

Shirleen said:
No, Part of changing your eating habits is to STOP rewarding yourself with food.

If you google search this question (treat night slimming world minimins) you will find that it gets asked every couple of months, but has been asked several times in the last few weeks.

Well said :)
Rather than rewarding yourself with food perhaps u cld reward making a new sw recipe, a magazine, a beauty treatment now & again, a new nail polish. The list is endless. It's not like u'd b depriving yourself of choc etc cause u can just incorporate into ur syns. It's a win win situation.

no, i've recently got stuck in a rut with the treat mindset. i had a treat after weigh in 2 weeks ago, and normally i can have a little treat and get straight back on plan, but its a slippery slope and i eventually got the sod it mindset and went offplan for an entire week just because once i started i couldn't stop. i've been doing sw for a year and a half and im at target but i still cant afford to let these treats rule me because they just sabotage me.
im making a conscious effort this week to count exactly what i have. i'm still having takeaway tomorrow night when my hubby gets back from working away but i am planning today what i will have and it won't be over 15 syns. i am learning....be it slowly but offplan treats...for me at least are definitly not the way forward.

Couldn't agree more with this, I have done slimming world many times in the past and have always given myself a 'treat' in one sense or another but have spent a lot of effort this time around trying to stop my brain from thinking of certain foods as 'treats'. I may have a chocolate bar but it's just food same as if I was to have a banana if I think of them as treats I won't stop at one.

Having a chocolate bar after weigh in can be incorporated into your syns very easily.

Shirleen said:

Great advice - I really need to remember this :)

Well I can tell you all now I definately dont incorperate that chocolate bar in my syns, I would go way over on a Thursday night! I think all is pretty well said, and I am going to learn to have what I want BUT within my syns. Tonight I have planned to have a couple of Rich tea biscuits spread with the new philly chocolate, and within my syns! Yay! :D

I remember when i did weight watchers many moons ago i used to have a pizza after my weigh ins EEEKK!!!! i was very bold!!! I still lost 2stone in 2 months but i'm NOT condoning it that attitude is why i put on more weight thinking i could reward myself all the time...it really should be a lifestyle change so i make my own versions of "takeaways" now...I think treating urself to a little bar is no harm though or a pkt of crisps at the end of the day your only gonna lose weight if you can enjoy urself every now and then :):):):):)

Glad i read this, as i,ve been having a full blow out after weigh in.I really want to lose the weight but something is stopping me from commiting to it 100%.I feel a bit like a addict & cant stop myself from treating myself.I can stick too plan all week so know i can do it.Im going to really try this week.

Back