Does anyone know why water

Butterflygirl

helps so much with the weight loss?

I'm drinking as much as I can.

Im wondering if the reason it helps to lose weight is because it's a distraction, if you're hungry you drink and it fills you up- thus making you crave food less..... Or is it a more scientific reason that that for lipotrim?

I think you pee out the fat, haha!

It flushes your body through as in detox, which will then flush "food" through quicker as as Ava has said you pee out the fat in a way, which is not a technical term lol, but a great one x

Oooh goodo!!!

I quite like the idea of peeing out the fat!

I feel like I'm peeing like a horse lol

Hi all,
I have had a pretty bad day today.
I came back from work and removed my socks and my ankles were swollen three times bigger then normal.
My GP advised me to go into A&E ! Once I was seen the practitioner advised me that due to the amount of water that I am drinking my body was unable to flush it out !
I am so stressed out. I am back in university on Monday and I was quite happy that I have almost lost two stone in nearly five weeks.
I was then referred to the out of hours GP , who said I could carry on with the diet , however I must get my liver checked .
So now I am in a dilemma as to carry on or not.
I did ask for water retention tablets , the GP refused to give me them up on till I have all the blood tests for liver/kidney function.
I think it will effect my weigh in .
I was doing really well.
I am sooo stressed out , any advice will be Appreciated
Miss Piggy :(

If you have swollen ankles the GP/ whoever you saw, should have taken a blood sample and sent it to your hospital.
They will check and see if you need further investigation or whether it is water retention.
If it is water then the support stocking will help and usually fairly quickly. Keep your legs elevated when you sit, as much as possible :)

Last edited:
foggie said:
If you have swollen ankles the GP/ whoever you saw, should have taken a blood sample and sent it to your hospital.
They will check and see if you need further investigation or whether it is water retention.
If it is water then the support stocking will help and usually fairly quickly. Keep your legs elevated when you sit, as much as possible :)

Thank you for your reply Foggie,
My GP did advice me to go into A&E for blood tests ect (she thought I might have a blood clot)
However they did not take any bloods .
I will look into the tights .
Regards
Miss Piggy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for your reply Foggie,
My GP did advice me to go into A&E for blood tests ect (she thought I might have a blood clot)
However they did not take any bloods .
I will look into the tights .
Regards
Miss Piggy

Your GP should have taken a blood sample and sent it off for tests as a precaution.
Go back to them and tell them to do their job......diplomatically :)

Just out of interest how much water are you drinking Miss Piggy?

BM

Hi Busy mum,

I am drinking about 3 x 1.5 litre bottles a day.
My swelling has gone down now. I have my ankles back ?
Regards
Miss Piggy

Thanks goodness for that! I've had the opposite happen luckily, my swollen ankles and calves have gone down since I started LT! I think 4 litres is the maximum you are supposed to drink a day but you were only slightly over that unless you were also adding extra water to your shakes. I'm glad you're feeling better, you're weight losseshave been fantastic!

BM

Thank you Busy Mum,

The doctor in A&E scared the life out of me yesterday.
He went on Google image and proceeded to show me images of women with swollen ankles and knees.
"You could end up like this"
His words to me.
I felt soooo down when I came home .
My son was really stressed out for me to.
So I stayed mostly in bed today with my feet elevated .
I am so glad that I can go to Uni on Monday I was starting to panic.
Also I do put a lot of water in my shakes.
Thank you once again Busy mum for your kind words.
Regards
Miss Piggy

Back