Does anyone live on just one or two flavours?

Poppysparkle

Silver Member
I'm only at the end of week 2, and my tastes have changed already I think. On LL I had a variety of flavours until probably half way in when all I drank were hot vanilla shakes and cranberry bars (much nicer cranberry bars on LL!!). Last week I really liked the soup, especially leek and potato, and I didn't mind the shakes hot, but towards the end of the week I couldn't bear drinking another shake, so got tetras, soups and bars.

Well, now the soups are making me gag too, they seem so much more powdery, not sure why, and I can't bear the texture. I like the chocolate tetras and the peanut bars and the choc mint one is really nice I think (not sure - one minute I think it's delish and the next I think, eww!).

So I am thinking when I go to get weighed in on Sunday of getting just chocolate tetras and peanut bars!! Anyone do this? I just think it's very early for me to limit it so much, but at least I like drinking eating those two, whereas for the others I can dread my next pack!!

thats alll l have , well l have choc tetras, peanut bar and mint choc bar l cant stand shakes,

you do what you need to.
to stay on plan if l had to have shakes or soup, cd wouldn't be for me

i live on just tetras with the odd chocolate orange bar in the evening.
i can hold my hand on my heart and say i find it so much easier now than when i was having a much bigger variety of the flavours.
i was having choc mint, choc,vanilla, butterscotch, strawberry, banana, veg soup, chilli soup, and all flavours of bars except peanut (nut allergy) so u would think this would be easier to stick to but , not the case.
i think it is because having just tetras:
a) has no preperation. just grab and leave the kitchen, thereby spending less time in the food area.
b) dont have to think or decide about what flavour to have, thereby not spending any time at all imagining the flavours and thereby bringing on a mental appetite.
i have been on tetras only now for the last 6 weeks and have found the plan so much easier.

Sounds like it's a good decision for me then. How much more expensive is it for you?

Yup I agree - I have 3 different things (so don't have the same one in any one day) and that's mint choc bar, mint choc shake and choc tetra (you seeing a theme lol). Like someone else said though do what you need to for it to work for you :)

Sounds like it's a good decision for me then. How much more expensive is it for you?

a weeks supply of 'normal' shakes and soups for me is £39.90.
a weeks tetras is £42.10.
tetras are 10p extra for me.worth every penny. :)

I get 21 chocolate tetras every week. I used to have peanut bars top but it got to the point where I couldn't even eat one cos it made me feel so sick!!!

i had all different shakes the first week and even though i liked the shakes i got fed up of them. so this week i have porriage soup and shakes and have one of each each day and is does feel like more normal eating.
everyones different i guess best thing to do is try it if you get fed up change it next week.

I am not on Cambridge but an alternative (cheaper lol) and I have only lemon crunch bars and chicken soup! Occasionally I might have a vanilla shake, or a mousse, but its mainly bars and soup lol x

As has been said, whatever works for you, as long as you get the required amount and you are losing weight, that's all that matters x

I go through phases, used to like the soups and strawberry shakes, but have now changed to vanilla (to which I add 1 teaspoon of coffee) and chocolate and I have the both hot. Tried the mix a mousse but didn't like it

I only have chocolate and chocolate mint shakes, can't stand anything else. Just go with what you like and what you won't have a force down x

I do mostly porridge and chocolate shakes. I sometimes take tomato soup, but understand the powdery description. Hate the tetras, as I find the aftertaste too much and the bars gave me wind;), well they did way back last time, but won't try them this time

I make fresh drip coffee w/ choc shake
crunchy bar for lunch [ like them all ]
chicken mushroom soup
everyday........

I tried loads at first and my tastes changed. I have choc tetras, chocmint and choc shakes and a variety of bars caramel, toffee, choc, choc mint, choc orange. I feel a CHOC theme running through my intake mmmmm chocolate!

Last edited:
I only have peanut crunch, chicken and mushroom and chocolate shakes (I used to have have oriental chilli at work as I find it's the only soup I can mix without equipment but I have totally gone off it) I don't like the tetras which is a blessing as my CDC's prices have just gone up.

I know many people who just have chocolate shakes.

I do mostly porridge and chocolate shakes. I sometimes take tomato soup, but understand the powdery description. Hate the tetras, as I find the aftertaste too much and the bars gave me wind;), well they did way back last time, but won't try them this time

I'm like Nibbles -- the bars make me very uncomfortable and the tetras taste chemically. I like the mam and use it with Choc Mint, Choc Orange and Butterscotch. I have had some of the other shakes and they are okay, just not my preference. The soup was nice back in the colder months for an evening meal (and when I was ssing) but now I prefer to have the shakes.

MM

Another who has only choc tetras and peanut and choc mint bars. Had only these from pretty much the beginning - about 6 weeks ago. I really love the flavours of all these so feel no hardship in having them. Hate all over flavours.

On LL I lived on veg soup and bars, I hated the veg soup but it was the only one I could stomach out of all of them. At least now I enjoy all my packs.

Back