Does anyone NOT have the bars?

fairyclairy

Hi everyone,
Am on my third week, w.i tomorrow and have been having the bars this week, one every night up until Monday night. I stopped having them because I swear they are making me feel really hungry. I know its probably been asked a million times before but is there anyone else who doesn't have them because of this? I also noticed that my weight did not move a single lb until this morning, and thats only by 1lb!! Since not having them for a day, I have had a loss, albeit small and am not so hungry today?!?

If there is anyone who has the same problem, have you cut the bars out completely or do you have them a couple of times a week or what? As much as I love them, if they are the reason for the lack of loss and feeling of hunger I think I would have to go without.

Also as its weigh day tomorrow am not sure if I should buy more? Any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Thanks Clairex

i dont have the bars usually, my loss slowed to a halt when i had one a day
if i feel like it i sometimes buy one or two a week as a change from packs

lm a restarter and l have had a bar a day from day one haven't noticed any difference in weighloss but everyone different

Hi Claire,

I am on day 6 of my restart and know that this time around I will not be having the bars. Last time they completely stopped my weightloss and when I discussed it with my CDC she mentioned that they are slightly higher in carbs than the packs. She said that some people are more sensitive to the extra carbs and it can kick them out of ketosis. I tested with Keto stix and there it was. As soon as I stopped having the bars, the weight loss picked up again. It would also explain the hunger too. Hope you get it figured out in a way that works best for you. Good Luck in your journey.

V x

Hi!

I have to say I only have one or two bars a week now, because of this very reason.

They set my cravings off! I never feel that hungry when I only have the sachets!

I have 4 a week and consider them treats. I would never have them on weigh in day.

They haven't made me stop losing I just don't want to risk it!

I've had one a day since week three and they haven't caused me a problem... i'd be completey gutted if they did!

Lynne
x

I always carry one with me incase of emergency (don't like tetras) but stopped having one daily as a meal due to they gave me wind... never noticed a slowdown in weight loss though :)

I have been having bars since week 2, then one every day since week 3. I am pleased with my loses- lost 3st in 8 weigh ins.
I love my daily bar ,and think it helps me stick to the plan.:)

hi
i have been having one bar per day for lunch since week three and had no problems with losses. i looove the bars wish i could have 4 a day!! But some good info here, i knew they were slightly highr in kals but didnt realise about the carbs!!! maybe il re think depending how i go over the next week or so

Hi everyone,
Am on my third week, w.i tomorrow and have been having the bars this week, one every night up until Monday night. I stopped having them because I swear they are making me feel really hungry. I know its probably been asked a million times before but is there anyone else who doesn't have them because of this? I also noticed that my weight did not move a single lb until this morning, and thats only by 1lb!! Since not having them for a day, I have had a loss, albeit small and am not so hungry today?!?

If there is anyone who has the same problem, have you cut the bars out completely or do you have them a couple of times a week or what? As much as I love them, if they are the reason for the lack of loss and feeling of hunger I think I would have to go without.

Also as its weigh day tomorrow am not sure if I should buy more? Any thoughts/experience appreciated.

Thanks Clairex

Hard to say whether it's having the bars that's slowed down your losses this week, because Week 3 is notorious for being a week where people often don't lose as much as they hoped. No one's too sure why, but it often happens, regardless of whether you have bars or not.

I do know that some people find that bars give them the munchies and avoid them for that reason.

A few people find they're supersensitive to the additional carbs. You might be one of those people - but it's just as likely that you're not and it's just the Week 3 thing.

If you've had them every day since day 1 how would you they don't stall you're weight loss???;)

:) Well, I guess you'd notice if your weight loss really did stall...

I think if you're lucky enough to be losing 2-4 pounds a week, you can be rest-assured that having the bars isn't detrimental to your losses.

I know we'd all love to lose 4 pounds a week every week, but I think that even if you were eating nothing at all, that wouldn't happen. There are always going to be weeks where for no obvious reason at all, you only lose a pound - or even stay the same. :sigh:

It certainly seems to work the other way. On other diets, there have been occasions where I've eaten a load of crap and expected the scales to zoom up several pounds - and I've actually lost a pound. Go figure the mysterious workings of the human body... :D

I think if you're lucky enough to be losing 2-4 pounds a week, you can be rest-assured that having the bars isn't detrimental to your losses.
But you could be a 4-5lbs a week loser normally on SS without the bars (there are some of those lucky ducks out there...annoyingly for the rest of us! :pLOL), but in having the bars from day 1 you could think you aren't affected by the bars and you naturally only lose 2-3lbs a week.
Stating that you're not affected buy the bars when you've never known what your weight loss is like without them is kind of a funny statement to make don't you think?:)

But you could be a 4-5lbs a week loser normally on SS without the bars (there are some of those lucky ducks out there...annoyingly for the rest of us! :pLOL), but in having the bars from day 1 you could think you aren't affected by the bars and you naturally only lose 2-3lbs a week.
Stating that you're not affected buy the bars when you've never known what your weight loss is like without them is kind of a funny statement to make don't you think?:)

I hear what you're saying, honestly I do. :) But I don't think anyone consistently loses 4-5lbs a week - and IMHO, I think it's unrealistic to think that you can.

LOL, I'm not meaning to be argumentative (I'm on Day 3, can you tell? :)) I just think the bars get a bad rap. It strikes me that if the bars really did interfere with many people's weightloss, Cambridge would surely stop using them?

It's only a minority that have problems with them as those people are very carb sensitive, me being one of them.
It wouldn't make much business sense for CD to stop making the bars because of the minority.
Plus you've also got to take into account the people who do have problems with the bars but have them anyway as they help to keep them on plan...again me being one of them.;)
I don't think you're argumentitive at all hun I just think you have an opinion on what you've read/heard so far since being on this diet which is fair enough, we're all entitled to an opinion after all.;)
By the way I personally don't think they get a bad rap at all, most people love the bars and probably wouldn't stick with CD so long without them, but then that's just my opinion.;)

It's only a minority that have problems with them as those people are very carb sensitive, me being one of them.
It wouldn't make much business sense for CD to stop making the bars because of the minority.
Plus you've also got to take into account the people who do have problems with the bars but have them anyway as they help to keep them on plan...again me being one of them.;)
I don't think you're argumentitive at all hun I just think you have an opinion on what you've read/heard so far since being on this diet which is fair enough, we're all entitled to an opinion after all.;)
By the way I personally don't think they get a bad rap at all, most people love the bars and probably wouldn't stick with CD so long without them, but then that's just my opinion.;)

LOL, see, you said that much better than me. :D

Glad you knew what I was trying to say!

I love the bars, infact I love them too much and could not trust myself if I had several at home. So I buy one or two at weigh-in day, or I bring them straight to my mate's place and she brings me a bar to work or a social event.
Wish I could be more disciplined!

Back