Does anyone save up Syns for a takeaway?

Jenna88

Gold Member
I'm considering this as a possible tactic but want to know if anyone else has done it and still ended up successful?

I would happily live on rabbit food for a week if it meant I could get a big dirty take away on a Saturday night?

Regardless of whether you save up or not...what's your fave take away food?

I don't, but I still have a takeaway just choose something lower syn, usually chinese like beef and mushrooms with boiled rice etc

When it was my friends birthday, i was good all week and kept my syns low, so essentially did save my syns as i knew i would be having wine and would go over. I planned for 40 syns and stuck to it and lost 1 and a half lbs :)

We have always had take away pre sw and I usually still do but lately been put off. Chow mein is 7.5 syns but that's for less than half from on Chinese. You get low syn one like beef black bean sauce but not sure how many grams that is for. If someone else knows that would be good. Oh also read king prawn with ginger is low too. I have been feeling tad yucky next day and was puttinm it down to the few glasses wine I would have but didn't have any wine this weekend and some of partner Chinese and felt terrible. All the salt etc

I normally have beef chow mein and beef with mushrooms or beef with ginger and spring onions on a red day.

I have a chinese after every weigh in. Hubby and I get chicken in black bean sauce with green peppers and mushrooms and boiled rice and split it between two. Think its 5syns. (EE)

Since starting SW I love love love chicken dhansak and boiled rice. I used to be a korma girl!!!! I don't save syns as it's only 6.5 syns. I just make sure I avoid the onion bhajis' and if I have enough syns left I'll have 1 poppadom instead of 4!! x

hmmm my favorite is beef rajastani i love it with a peshwari nann and yes i do save my syns for this it is so worthwhile and i still get good losses x

I have takeaways but no need to save syns as I choose carefully instead, which is what I need to do to make this a way of life as if you save to have high fat treats how can you maintain after, also rabbit food isn't gonna get you to goal. I have tomato based indian food and noodle based Chinese food when I have takeaways. Pizzas are forgot about as wouldn't choose to eat one now as so not worth it.

Pizza.... I really like pizza, but it's not worth the syns. Especially when you can have a nice alternative like chinese or indian... Wish I was like shelleywelly and didn't like it!

Pizza.... I really like pizza, but it's not worth the syns. Especially when you can have a nice alternative like chinese or indian... Wish I was like shelleywelly and didn't like it!

Believe me I love pizza. But I think of what I could have instead as its so high in syns. Also I make my own either using pitta bread, wholemeal muffin or do the turkey/chicken topped with the pizza sauce. If I did feel I need a pizza I would have a thin slice with free toppings and have loads of superfree with it.

I dnt save syns just am extra careful throughout week & do lots of body magic to compensate. I try to choose healthier ish options like chicken omelette or chicken foo yung (scrambled egg) with plain noodles and curry sauce. Mmm could just eat one now!! :)

I loooove Indian food but always struggle with getting 1/3 superfree so I've stopped having meat curries.

What do you all do for the superfree element if you have takeaway on an EE day?

Since starting SW I love love love chicken dhansak and boiled rice. I used to be a korma girl!!!! I don't save syns as it's only 6.5 syns. I just make sure I avoid the onion bhajis' and if I have enough syns left I'll have 1 poppadom instead of 4!! x
Oooh thanks for this thread as I haven't looked into takeaways just yet and wouldn't have thought they were possible!
Quick question...is chicken dhansak hot? I don't like them too spicy! I'm usually a tikka masala kind of girl!

Back