Does anyone

mag104

Not count fruit and veg when doing CC. like they do in S W and WW ? :)

I do. You'd be surprised how quickly they add up. One banana = 100 calories. Some onion, carrot, mushrooms, pepper etc in dinner can add up to 150-200 calories.

On there own it may not seem like a lot but when you add them up over the course of a day they quickly contribute alot of calories. If you're creating a deficit of 500 calories per day (1lb per week weight loss) it can really affect your weight loss.

So count every single thing that you eat (and drink).

I think that if you are weighing your veg / fruit and working out the calories accurately you will be suprised at how FEW calories they are.... and besides it goes without saying that it's better to eat 100 calories of veg than 100 calories of chocolate...

I do weigh my Veg and yes, individually it's a small amount but they add up. I had 302 calories worth of fruit and veg yesterday. If you're creating a deficit of 500 calories a day, using 200 of those on unlogged fruit a veg means that instead of losing 1lb per week, you'll lose about 0.6lbs - which then makes people go WHY AREN'T I LOSING WEIGHT??

Don't log if you're losing what you want to lose, but it's the first thing I'd look at if your losses aren't what you expect.

If you really don't want to log them on a long term basis, track them for a week then take an average. If it's say, 300 cals make the assumption that that's what they are every day - it saves a lot of faff :)

Back