Does CD work a second time around?

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
Hi everyone. 3 years ago I lost 5 stone using the Cambridge Diet, but I have managed to put it all back on and some. I have also been diagnosed with ME and when this first started I put on 2 stone in 1 month and I really wasn't just stuffing my face for the month either. Since then, every time I cut down on food, my weight seems to go up, so I then give up and eat "normally" again and my weight goes down, so this is confusing me. So I need to stay off the scales for a week and see what happens if I stay 100% on track for the week.

What I really wanted to ask was..... has anyone successfully lost their weight a second time using CD? I have heard stories that it is less successful after the first time and just want to be prepared. I really want to do this as I have no control over how my body feels day to day with ME, and I know that I will have control over what I put in my mouth, hence gaining back some control over my body..... all my joints are also swollen, hands, knees, ankles and wrists and they never go down so this could be part of my weight gain. Here's hoping anyway.

So I am sitting here with my shake with great hopes for the future, I just need to stay positive.

Hi there

I lost 6 stone on lighter life and then went and put nearly all back on again,that was my own fault, I done the maintance programmed and still went back tomy old ways.

Since 2010 and 2011 I tried Cambridge 3 times and only managed the first 9 daysbefore giving up, used the excuse's that I could manage and healthy eat,consteraption, dizziness and its also harder the 2nd time round.
I also done the usually WW, SW and even the doctor put me on a weight lossprogramme run by the NHS, I was really good the first week and then it all wentdown hill.

In may 2012 I decided that I would try Cambridge one last time (could notafford lighter life and did not want the counseling again) and here I am comingup to my 8th weigh in and lost 3 stone and would not change a thing, I havebeen 100%, yes its been hard at times but you have a goal at the end and neverforget that, You will do this if you really want to.

I do think it is harder the second, but stick with it and you will still get great results.

Thanks for that Chelle, I have done everything you have, restarted loads of times but then gave up to try healthy eating... ww, sw etc but this time I really really want to do it. Well done with the persevering, I just need to get through this first week and then I know it gets easier....

All the greeneyes11

Hi! I started it for the second time , on Wednesday. I have found it easiers for this first 4 days than I did the first time around! I am drinking more water than I did the first time. LAst night was the night I was dreading , Wine night! I just had a shake and lots of ice and it was actually quite nice! You can do it it can't be easy having ME , but I am sure you will succeed x

this is my 2nd time around, and this time i am going to make sure I remember how little food i actually need to subsist on! its amazing on sole source u really don't miss food and u wonder why iu ever ate so bloody much! i think i might keep my shakes and only eat one meal a day ongoing for maitenance - it might not be healthy, but it beats being a fattie :(

I too lost 5 stone about 3 years ago, then i gave up smoking, which only put on about a stone, if that, so i was happy, but when my Mum went into Hospital May last year food once again became my crutch, and i wacked on another 3 stone :( I've wanted to get back to the Diet for a while, but i wasn't quite in the right mindset until after our holidays in May thie year, so i started again 18th June. I have found it harder this time around, i can't stomach the porridge and soups, which i liked last time. So, it's shakes and bars for me this time!! I do SS monday to friday while hubby is away, andSS+ weekends while he is home, have salad saturday, Chicken and veg sunday, and the bars become like a dessert! Makes it much more bearable! To date i have lost 1st 10lb and 18 inches, and i hope to stick with SS long enough to loose another 2st. So yes it is more difficult, and i don't think i could go a third attempt, but it still works!!! Hang on in there, and you WILL do it xx

Hi - you've forgotten to congratulate yourself on stopping smoking as it would have been very easy to simply start again!!!! Well done ?I stopped last November and have piled on 3 stone ...... On my 2nd day of 810, for first time, and am really excited
Good luck - it's worth all the suffering!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back