does coffee and tea..

Personally I count decaf tea (just flavoured water really) but not products with caffeine in them.

I take 3 litres a day not counting the liquid I use for shakes, soups or tea/coffee. But I do pee a lot (TMI)!:D

I drink tea all day and usually have about a litre of water in the evening. I don't think I'd make 3l if I didn't count the decaf tea.

I drink coffee and 3.5l of water through the day. Karen did tell me you have to be careful not to drink too much water as it can effect you potassium and magnesium levels and affect the heart

Yes, look up water intoxication. 3l is fine but I wouldn't drink more than that.

water intoxication usually only happens if you flood your body with several litres of water in a very short period of time.

If you space out the amount you drink that shouldn't be a problem, obviously there will be exceptions as everyone is different and has different tolerances.

I personally can drink in excess of 4l a day with no ill effects.

x

I worry about over-drinking, I can easiely get through 6l a day if not careful! I try to keep myself to max 4l water plus usually a cup of tea or a cup of boullion. Plus water for shakes etc.

This might sound really dumb (pleading ignorance!) but what is boullion?

I worry about over-drinking, I can easiely get through 6l a day if not careful! I try to keep myself to max 4l water plus usually a cup of tea or a cup of boullion. Plus water for shakes etc.

6litres! wow I can only manage 2 and a half max, and I'm on the toilet not stop! lol xx

The boullion is lovely, if you go for it try to find the low-salt version (purple tub) usually in the 'free-from' section of the supermarket. Like a savory hot drink, not marmitey more like a soup base stock. Lovely! I try to stick to one or two a day max as it has carbs in.

As for the, ahem, loo issue... well I do have to be careful when I drink as I have two school runs of over an hour each! I have 500ml max before work, plus shake, 2l max up to lunch time then try to stop before 12 so I can leave at 2.30 without needing the loo! Back to kids' home for 4 and try to restrict it to 1l..... though I usually have 2. Home at 7, 7.30 then I do tend to drink till bed. I could have 4l then! I've already had a can of coke zero and a big glass of strawberry flavoured water!!

I also have about 6 litres a day. It's fine as long as you spread it throughout the day and don't drink it all in a short time period. And yes - I do visit the bathroom quite often!

The boullion is lovely, if you go for it try to find the low-salt version (purple tub) usually in the 'free-from' section of the supermarket. Like a savory hot drink, not marmitey more like a soup base stock. Lovely! I try to stick to one or two a day max as it has carbs in.

As for the, ahem, loo issue... well I do have to be careful when I drink as I have two school runs of over an hour each! I have 500ml max before work, plus shake, 2l max up to lunch time then try to stop before 12 so I can leave at 2.30 without needing the loo! Back to kids' home for 4 and try to restrict it to 1l..... though I usually have 2. Home at 7, 7.30 then I do tend to drink till bed. I could have 4l then! I've already had a can of coke zero and a big glass of strawberry flavoured water!!

OMG, I heard a rumour once that having children was hard work ;) but it never occurred to me you have to plan when to drink so your loo breaks dont interfere with the school run! Wow, well done you!

Going to try some boullion too, thanks for filling me in!

I know, and they aren't even my kids! Actually, knowing I'm being paid to do what most parents have to do for free is quite good! (am a nanny, not a weirdo!)

I now keep boullion at home and at work, I used a bit as soup base for the kids' tea and smelled lovely! I suppose in theory could be used to make a soup with the chicken allowance plus veg like pepper or broccoli. Any thoughts anyone? I don't used the chicken or veg allowance.

MiniMoosh, where do you get your strawberry flavoured water from?

I found water flavourings on eBay for £6.95 for 150g is this expensive? It seems it to me When I just checked out Tesco for bouillon and it was £1.70 for 150g.

I got the strawberry water in Tesco, it's the own-brand one. 70p for 1 and a half litres. Check the label, it has malic acid not citric acid. I also got apple flavour in Asda, 99p for 1 and a half litres. I think it was own brand, again check the label.

£1.70 for the boullion is good, just try to get the reduced salt! I crave salt but I find the reduced salt is really good for the cravings and won't cause water retention!

Yes, look up water intoxication. 3l is fine but I wouldn't drink more than that.

Good to get the heads-up on this. I suspected this was affecting me in the first few days when I was really guzzling down some serious amounts of water and felt quite light-headed. Reassured that this simply seems to be a reaction to the huge adjustments the body has to make on a VLCD!

I got the strawberry water in Tesco, it's the own-brand one. 70p for 1 and a half litres. Check the label, it has malic acid not citric acid. I also got apple flavour in Asda, 99p for 1 and a half litres. I think it was own brand, again check the label.

CK I think you are looking at powder and Moosh is looking at liquid, already made up. We can't import liquids as you know, so perhaps the powder isn't that bad a deal, though that does sound pricey? Need to compare other powdered flavourings? Maybe on the S& S website or LowcarbMegastore?

Back