Does exercise twice a week really help???

babygee

Hi all
Just wondering if any of you have a view on exercise. When I first joined about a month ago my consultant wasn't really pushing exercise to aid weight loss saying that u'd have to burn a huge amount of calories to see even a slight difference on the scales...so although I'm doing great with EE plan I'm wondering should I bother dragging my butt out for extra exercise?

Any thoughts?

Xx

What about the other effects? Toning your body (esp if you're losing weight), general health, the fact you can't be snaking while you're exercising, plus the fact that it really helps to change our negative thoughts about our bodies and start appreciating them for what they can do.

I'm a convert (just over a year now) and exercise most days. I know that I come back happier and more relaxed than I was when I got home from work and sleep better as well as feeling so much fitter than I would just with weight-loss.

I'm sure any amount of exercise helps, even if only a little. My main aim this time is to get fit and I find that if you exercise it spurs you on to eat well and vice versa. Plus, toning wobbly bits isn't going to happen any other way :rolleyes:

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose except inches!

Hi all
Just wondering if any of you have a view on exercise. When I first joined about a month ago my consultant wasn't really pushing exercise to aid weight loss saying that u'd have to burn a huge amount of calories to see even a slight difference on the scales...so although I'm doing great with EE plan I'm wondering should I bother dragging my butt out for extra exercise?

Any thoughts?

Xx
What is it with these consultants lately?

Do they not discuss and encourage Body Magic and awards anymore?

ALWAYS exercise whenever you can, your weightloss and cardio, toning and general all-round fitness will improve dramatically.

exercise is good for the body but most importantly...to me anyway, is that its good for my wellbeing. i can feel absolutly exhausted come 4pm and my swimming session starts at 8pm, i often feel like just getting my jimjams on and slobbing but i force myself out the door 3 times a week for a 30-40 min swim, i always feel so much better and more positive afterwards, and it gives me thinking time too.
i used to do higher impact exercising but i've been lacking motivation somewhat lately so i figured swimming was easing myself into it gently...until i realised its actually quite strenuous anyhow. any form of exercise is great, for all aspects of our lives :)

Its good for you. No debate there i'm afraid, regardless of its affect on weight loss.

Incidently, as your muscle ratio increases you will burn more calories just doing normal activities as muscle requires more calories than fat, so long term you will be able to maintain your volume of food by exercising.
Win win situation. Good for your heart, good for your weight loss.

Exercise is essential for your health and well-being! It also keeps your body toned and shapely - and boosts your metabolism!

Exercise is essential for your health and well-being! It also keeps your body toned and shapely - and boosts your metabolism!

Ditto!!!
Its the getting out of the house thats the hard bit especially in the cold dark of winter. I'm much better on the days when I can go to the gym straight after dropping kids at school
The main thing is finding something you like - definitely makes it easier!
I have been to gyms for years but only started classes in September as was worried about lack of co-ordination and I love them. I dont stick to one thing (though Combat and Pump are my faves), also do spinning, and just started aqua zumba - felt a bit like Hi-de-hi but we had a laugh!!

I fancy Zumba too, I'm all motivated during the day at work then when I get home, get kids tea on, sort homework I just think sod that I'm goosed I just wanna chill !

My own worst enemy I know ! Xx

my example
week 1: 3lbs lost. exercise daily, at least 12 mins twice a day doing the school run.
week 2: 1.5lbs lost. exercised daily until sunday, got a REALLY bad stinking cold and have done bugger all.

I personally am seeing a connection here lol.

Back