Does going green affect WI for anyone?

Victoria_30

Hey Everyone!

Last week at WI (Monday) I was optimistic that I would definately see a loss, I'd been on plan 100% counting everything (syns HEX's) and writing a full food diary. Ate very little Friday night and I was ill on Saturday so spent most of the day vomiting. That evening I managed a little chicken and salad about 8pm them Sunday and Monday went on green.

Well, got on the scales Monday at WI and I had a 1lb gain!! :cry:

Normally I would do a Red weigh day sometimes the day before too, I suppose I was just quite hungry from hardly eating on Saturday. I suppose my question is does going green affect your WI?

Technically it "shouldn't" as all plans "should" help you lose weight therefore was pretty disappointed.

Just wondered if this happens to anyone else because I really can't understand that gain and I really nervous about WI this Monday coming x

Ok first off vomitting will make you dehydrated therefore you will retain water. In effect from what i know doing green will make you retain water a little more than red as it contains a lot of starches therefore amount to a little gain! on the whole though i know somebody who has lost alot doing green and lost more in inches than weight but looks great!!! hope this restore your confidence and helps :) x

Hi there

I only ever do green, I've never even done a red or extra easy day and I find I lose weight well enough on it - I even lost 8 pounds one week and it was n't my first week.

I guess all of our biologies are slightly different but on the whole it should n't make any difference at all. Saying that I've come across quite a few people that say they dont lose if they do extra easy so switched back to red or green or both and the weight started coming off again. I'm sure the scales will show a loss for you next week as long as you keep at it

Alia xxx

Ok first off vomitting will make you dehydrated therefore you will retain water. In effect from what i know doing green will make you retain water a little more than red as it contains a lot of starches therefore amount to a little gain! on the whole though i know somebody who has lost alot doing green and lost more in inches than weight but looks great!!! hope this restore your confidence and helps :) x

Thanks for this post i think it is very true in alot of respects!! But it is also great to hear that you can lose on green days, I think what you were trying to put across was the general science behing it all!! hope you decide to stay! Thanks allie too x

I didn't think you sounded abrupt at all Determined bunny, your advice makes lots of sense. I'm hoping the scales are kind to me this wk, it's just a little disheartening when you make the effort. What you say about being dehyfrated is true, I couldn't even keep water down - Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for all of your opinions, it really helps, I'll let you know how I get on Monday night! xx

Back