Does having veg really make a difference?

I would say that if you don't need the milk or veg allowance yet then don't have it. Your daily carbs will be less that way and in theory you may have a smoother route to ketosis. I would save the allowances for a time where you really need something a little extra as if you add it in from the start you have nowhere to go if you get bored.

I did my first 6 weeks with packs only, then I added in the veg a couple of times a week, then I swapped one of the packs for protein at weekends for a protein and veg 'special' meal, then I had veg most days, and now I have protein and veg most days. I don't have the milk allowance every day but I do have it as a weekend treat and have a latte coffee from my machine.

Phoenyx said:
I'm currently on day 2 and not using my veg or milk allowance. Does anyone know a) if they affect your weight loss, and b) if they actually make you hungrier or fuller? I'm nervous that eating more might actually make me hungrier!

Hi phoenyx...how can you not be using your veg.....lol....really need to eat the veg for the vitamins taking supplements isn't as good as the real thing...try not to be nervous when you consider a woman should be eating on average 2000 cals a day we are now on somewhere near 650 cals a day there's no need to worry I think

liketobelighter said:
Hi phoenyx...how can you not be using your veg.....lol....really need to eat the veg for the vitamins taking supplements isn't as good as the real thing...try not to be nervous when you consider a woman should be eating on average 2000 cals a day we are now on somewhere near 650 cals a day there's no need to worry I think

It depends how many packs you have. I have 4 packs a day and NEVER eat veg. I don't take vitamin supplements either you don't need them if you're on 4 packs

Phoenyx if you're on 4 packs a day I definitely wouldn't worry about veggies

b) if they actually make you hungrier or fuller? I'm nervous that eating more might actually make me hungrier!

I have had 3 packs and a protein meal along with 200g of veg for the past 3 days (was meant to be just two days but somehow happened again today, I wont beat myelf up as I haven't gone off plan or cheated, the only thing I have done is not take a multi vit)... and I can say personally, eating the veg is actually making me hungrier. My tummy feels really empty a couple of hours after eating my veg which I find weird and I have to stop myself snacking on stuff I shouldn't, so far so good. From tomorrow I am definitely going back to 4 packs and no veg for a few days, I was coping really well doing this but since having veg my tummy has this horrid empty feeling afterwards and I have to be strong not to give in.

I have only had veg once I am just at the end of week 3. I think its a nice idea to use it for standby when you really need to get your teeth into something. I had some broccoli with a cottage pie meal pack on sunday, kind of felt like I was having a roast dinner :)

I have had 3 packs and a protein meal along with 200g of veg for the past 3 days (was meant to be just two days but somehow happened again today, I wont beat myelf up as I haven't gone off plan or cheated, the only thing I have done is not take a multi vit)... and I can say personally, eating the veg is actually making me hungrier. My tummy feels really empty a couple of hours after eating my veg which I find weird and I have to stop myself snacking on stuff I shouldn't, so far so good. From tomorrow I am definitely going back to 4 packs and no veg for a few days, I was coping really well doing this but since having veg my tummy has this horrid empty feeling afterwards and I have to be strong not to give in.

Hubbie and I had this too, we had veg with a meal pack last night and didn't have the hunger feeling. We're pretty much just sticking with 4 packs and veg when we fancy it now :)

I have now been on plan for 7 days, have had salad most days and milk 2 times and have lost 9 pounds in that time.

I think the allowance is there and we all have to decide how eating it makes us feel etc, for me the salad is great and on the days when I work I really look forward to having it when I get home as I work on a really busy surgical ward and feel I. Am running on empty by time I get home.

Whatever you decide to do you will do great, the plan works fab!

Good luck xxx

Its also a personal choice thing....

For me I don't stick to the guidelines really, I have my three mealpacks a day, but tend to overdo the protein... chicken is my new best friend... i use it as a snacks mainly. I don't do milk though and veggies are really an 'eating out treat' (mainly because I'm too lazy to cook any at home with my two-min micro meals).

I don't know if having extra chicken effects me - but.... for me I have to tailor diets to me. If i'm losing weight I'd prefer slightly slower with me not feeling deprived (I know, a wierd thing to say on vlcds)

Back