Does it really work???

Sherylroe

Hi everyone, I am new to Minimins so not sure whether this will actually post or not!!

I joined SW last Wednesday as I had gained nearly two stone and feeling pants about myself as well as the demoralising feeling of nothing you own fitting you anymore, so I thought that enough was enough!!

I have read and been told that you can eat as much as you want, now I have a huge appetite...I mean I can literally eat all day. I suppose I am just wanting a little reassurance that I can actually eat all day if I want lol!!

I just don’t see how it can possibly work if I eat as much food as I am doing...I suppose the proof will be in the pudding on Wednesday when I have my first weigh in but I'm just trying to get my head around it...especially how the extra easy can work!

I also would like to know any quick and easy low or no syn snacks, I am a full time working mum of two toddlers so time is short and don’t want to get caught short, so to speak.

Can anyone advise please? :)

Thanks

Hiya,

Yes you can eat as much food as you NEED, basically the way it works is you eat until you are full, if you continue to eat after you are full it wont end well :)

But the trick is eating the right foods and limiting the wrong ones which is where i find this eating plan is amazing.

Follow the plan and measure what you are supposed to and i more or less promise you a loss

Yes it really does work, don't question HOW, it just does.

If you look in the syns values forum there is a thread for low syn snacks that will give you lot of ideas :)

Waiting to be weighed after my first ever week, I was convinced that I'd eaten far too much to have lost anything and I lost 6.5lbs!

Bear in mind that to lose weight, you do still need to expel more calories than you take in, so don't go absolutely bananas. You could eat 10,000 calories worth of fruit and still gain, but its more to do with what you're eating and how you prepare and cook the food.

For low syn snack ideas, I rely on things like Skips and Wotsits. I don't feel like I'm missing out, and they're only 4 or 5 syns a packet. Pombear (ready salted) are also another good one - only 4 syns a packet. I used to love those when I was little, so again, don't feel like I'm missing out.

Pink & Whites are only 2.5 each, Freddos are 5 each. Funsize chocolate bars are my saviour - seriously couldn't manage without them. Milky Way - 4, Curly Wurly - 3, Dairy Milk - 4, Chomp - 3, Dairy Milk Caramel - 4.5 (I think - these are all from memory); but one of those is enough to settle my sweet tooth.

Pink Lady apples are my favourite as they're really sweet and juicy :)

I don't recommend eating the chocolate Phillidelphia (4.5 syns for 30g) on it's own - tends to make me fall off the wagon, but can be very nice on a rich tea biscuit (2) or on toast (HEB).

Hope that keeps you going for now. Feel free to find me if you need anything, I'm usually lurking, hehe. Can usually be found in the "9's into the 8's" thread x x

Yes it does work:D

Just take a look at the food diaries on here & see what people are eating, then look at their stats to see how well they've done.

Please let us know how you get on, Sherylroe!

imo if you have a big appetite and are pants at portion control like me lol i'd do ww as sw i gained alot! i was actually eating more spuds and pasta than i normally would. leader kept saying you need to eat to lose??

but my friend has lost 5 stone in 7 months so it works.

Thank you all so much for your reply, think its the not knowing!! I used to weigh myself every day and Iam not allowing myself to weigh at all until I go to meeting...Fingers crossed!! I will keep you all posted, think I will be a regular on here for the support...thanks again guys :) x x

Sure does! I eat massive portions (way more than my colleagues some of whom are dieting and others that arnt) and I am happily at my target weight of 8st 9lbs! ;)

It deffo works, I joined 5 weeks ago and have lost 11lb so far (WI tonight!)
I wasn't really a big eater before starting (not through choice, just through sheer unplanning of snacks and meals) but when I did it was all the bad things such as chocolate, chippy, pizza etc... For the first week my jaw ached as I was literally eating properly all the time! I list 4lb though!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's worked for me, in 10 weeks I've lost 2st and half a pound. I'm chuffed to bits with the results. Another 2 stone to lose but I know I can do it!!

No I don't have a food diary on here. Relatively new to minimins. But basically I've followed the plan to the letter. Loads of home cooking and staying within synns! I love sw! It's changed my life!

It really does work, look at my stats to see! I eat plenty and a great variety, i've just had slimming world KFC and chips and a freddo! Its an amazing food plan and every week my weight loss leaves me gob smacked! x

It does work i promise you. Tonight was my first weigh in and i lost 2lbs despite me starting my period today! On WW on period week i used to gain 3 - 4 pounds so to have lost 2 i feel is terrific.

What i would say is that i have embraced the 1/3 superfree foods so make sure i have them with every meal. I used to eat a whole tupperware box of pasta or rice for lunch but now i fill it with 1/3 super free foods (chopped celery, radish, courgette, pepper, cucumber, onion, carrot etc) so already i am eating a 1/3 less pasta/rice but still as full. I know i have only just finished my first week on EE but embrace the 1/3 superfree foods and you can't go wrong. Good luck and trust me after 8 weeks of starving on WW this does work but eat superfree. xx

Back