Extra Easy does passata count as a third

pos bird

There are times with shift work, kids and husband time is tight. I normally have cooked rice/pasta and cooked chicken in fridge. When I need a quick meal, if I throw the chicken and rice/pasta in pan and add carton of passata, would passsta count as my third super free veg.

Probably stretching it & not much variety. What about flinging in some onion/mushroom/peppers? If time is really tight, they all com ready prepared & frozen in most supermarkets now & therefore take next to no time to cook. That'd deffo do the 1/3 for you :)

I use a lot too, but also use a lot of tinned toms. One of my staples in my cupboards, and onions and mushrooms. Oh and extra lean mince, thinking spag bol,chillies,meatballs,casseroles. Oh yes, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

hollys nan said:
I use a lot too, but also use a lot of tinned toms. One of my staples in my cupboards, and onions and mushrooms. Oh and extra lean mince, thinking spag bol,chillies,meatballs,casseroles. Oh yes, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Yum!! :)

I would definitely say it counts as it is on the superfree list so as long as you are having 1/3 superfree does it matter which ones you choose? I always count passata or chopped toms as part of my superfree, although i usually add other stuff too to make it more interesting, but i don't see why you would have to. If it's on the list, it's on the list,right?! :)

And don't forget that the superfree doesn't have to be a mixture of veg. It could be just tinned tomatoes if that's all you fancied, or just carrots with a roast dinner etc. Of course, a variety of superfree is good for your health but the plan only says one third, it doesn't say that third needs to be a big mixture of veg.

Why not batch cook some passata with onions, garlic, mushrooms, finely diced or grated carrots, courgette, pepper, herbs then pop into ziplock bags and lay them flat on a tray in the freezer (they take up less room than tubs when you remove the tray), then you can defrost a bag in the microwave whilst the pasta is cooking, you might even find you don't fancy the chicken with it, saving money and cals and time!

pos bird said:
There are times with shift work, kids and husband time is tight. I normally have cooked rice/pasta and cooked chicken in fridge. When I need a quick meal, if I throw the chicken and rice/pasta in pan and add carton of passata, would passsta count as my third super free veg.

Frozen onions peppers and corn are regularly used in my pasta dishes just chuck into pan frozen and fry add passata and pasta and its ready

Now that sounds a good and cheaper option way of getting veg.

it really is.... veg and frozen fish is pretty much all i buy at farmfoods (dont buy much else as its almost all blooming junk food) as the veg is a £1 a bag and theres no waste i buy carrots greenbeans brocoli peppers onions corn peas broadbeans casserole mix veg stirfry veg etc etc all handy i do use fresh too but buy that on the day im gonna use it as fresh loses its nutrients very quickly so frozen veg is actually better for you anyway

oh and i get some weight watchers puds there too as they are low syn esp the choc eclairs at 4 syns each mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back