does slimming world work?

Hi everyone, found this site when debating to rejoin weightwatchers or try out slimming world.

I lost weight on ww but was always hungry and cdnt stick to it when went on holiday!

dont really want to go back as i find it hard to stick to and the weighing is boring and when i go out it all goes horribly wrong!

am a veggie so how does that work on certain days because arent there meat days ? am a bit confused as to whether it would work for a veggie.

got a couple of stone to lose and would love to shed id by xmas.

any help greatly appreciated esp if someone has done ww then switched !!!

thank you

Suzanna:)

All I can say is it works for me and I mostly do veggie (or Green) days. Green days tend to (for me at least) potatoes, rice, veggies, quorn and of course pasta, someone else will probably explain it a lot better, and you have your 5 - 15 Syns per day, and healthy extras for things like cereals, milk etc.,

I have lost 9lbs in the last 4 weeks I think - so as I say it does work.

Liz

It most certainly does work! I love this diet, I never feel hungry because you eat loads and green days are great for veggies as you can really fill up on things like potatos, pasta and rice and quorn is completely free so eat as much of that as you want.
It's easy to go out and eat aswell beccuse hardly any measuring involved apart from milk, cheese, bread and cereal etc but the rest you can eat as much of as you like!

Hope this helps! If you go to join your consultant will explain it much more clearly and give you more info on how it works for veggies!

Good luck!

thanks Lizzy and congrats on your 9lb loss :) have you ever tried other diets?? glad to hear that i can just do the veggie days, pasta daily :):):):)!! brill

good luck

Hi everyone, found this site when debating to rejoin weightwatchers or try out slimming world.

I lost weight on ww but was always hungry and cdnt stick to it when went on holiday!

dont really want to go back as i find it hard to stick to and the weighing is boring and when i go out it all goes horribly wrong!

am a veggie so how does that work on certain days because arent there meat days ? am a bit confused as to whether it would work for a veggie.

got a couple of stone to lose and would love to shed id by xmas.

any help greatly appreciated esp if someone has done ww then switched !!!

thank you

Suzanna:)

It worked for me and it's still working even though my losses have slowed down a bit recently. Overall I've lost 2st 7lb.

There's a small book that you can buy from your consultant called free branded foods. It's small enough to keep in your handbag.It lists all foods which have no syns and in there, there are loads of quorn products. I was surprised at how many of them are free.

I had some frozen quorn chicken style pieces last night with sw chips and sweetcorn. I cooked the quorn pieces in honey, soy sauce and ginger....it was gorgeous :p However, I'm not a veggie. I do eat lot's of meat and fish too. I think weight loss is faster if their is meat in the diet instead of solely vegetarian foods, but I know of a few veggies that are losing weight quite happily.

thanks Lizzy and congrats on your 9lb loss :) have you ever tried other diets?? glad to hear that i can just do the veggie days, pasta daily :):):):)!! brill

good luck

I have done WW in the past but usually found I had eaten all my points by lunchtime and was permanently hungry (that may be my lack of will power though!)

hi thi sis my first day on sw.. I hae only ever done ww and like you was hungry i also have to small children so point counting and making loads of different meals was a pain in the bum..

i am slighlty wary as I ahve eaten like a bloody horse today but most is free stuff. i guess my proof will be weigh in on thur morn.. actually can't wait..

so far so good and Im loving the fact that my main meal tonight we will eat as a family....

i know exactly what you mean liz, thats what i did! i was allowed 20 which never seemed very much, esp if you like a glass (or 2!) of wine!!

:thinking2:....... Does SW work.......

OF COURSE IT DOES !!LOL

Just look at my awards ....
Nearly lost 4 stone here !!!!

But It only works when you do it right ..
good luck with whatever you choose to do xx​

it works .... the site is great and slimming world isn't a diet, more a change of bad habbits, just try it and see .... i bet you a week on s/world you wont ever be hungry, far too much free food, just enjoy, x good luck with what you choose

thank you, your weight loss is amazing, im definitely going to do it. really need to shed some weight and keep motivated and not feel hungry. :) good luck in your continuing weight loss

thank you, i see youve just started. youve done well so far losing 7lb, its definitely motivated me to start reading everyones story. first step is the hardest they say. im convinced now...no more weightwatchers...SW the way forward, cant wait to eat and not count points!!!!

I'm a veggie and take a look at my stats.
Lost 103lbs in 11 months going from size 24/26 to 10/12. Was never hungry and actually ate more on SW than before, just the right foods! SW Green Plan is ideal for us veggies as you get to eat unlimited amounts of all the foods that veggies should be eating.

Well done Circes!!!

I've lost just over 4 stone since March following Green days only. It does work for veggies if you follow the plan.

Good luck!!

P.s tried WW a few years ago but couldn't stick with it- too hungry.

Ive tried most diets and never stuck to them for more than a few days, because was always hungry. Only been on SW for 3 weeks, and I must say it doesnt even feel like you are dieting, with all the free foods u can eat. I will definatley be sticking to this one :)

Hi there. It definately works, I've lost 6lbs in a month but was only 9st 9lbs to start with (I'm short!). I have also done ww in the past but used to starve myself all day so I could go to the chippy or have pasta at night! I did need to trust eating so much would work in the beginning though. It can be hard to change your mindset.

Back