Does SW always work when you come back 2nd, 3rd time?

skinnybride2013

Silver Member
Hi all, I lost 2 stone about 6 years ago on SW and I remember it being, dare I say easy! it was old red green then and I did mainly green I kept it off for years but as many others it is now nearly all back on. I have been doing SW from home for almost 3 weeks and trying a mix of EE green and red but so far have lost 1 lb and my next weigh in is Tuesday and just don't feel its working.

The first week I did slip up with rose wine one Friday eve but other than that been on plan - is there a chance my body isn't reacting to the plan anymore?

Help!

When I did SW before I lost a stone and half and then my weight loss stopped even although I was still about 3st overweight. Also I did Atkins for years, lost loads of weight and then it stopped working. So I'm like you, wondering if your body gets too used to a certain plan/way of eating and knows to hold on to the weight! I sincerely hope not. But I'm back too and will see how it goes, I'll follow your progress but maybe you should go to class incase you're not understanding the changes on the new plan. good luck anyway x

I don't think your body 'gets used' to a diet. I think it's probably more to do with the fact that when we get used to a diet we get a bit complacent. It's easily done. Things to check and double check - Are you having your third superfree religiously? Weighing and measuring your healthy extras? Only eating when you're actually hungry? This is my third time on SW and I must admit I've been losing quicker than the first time around.

I am doing it for the umpteenth time and losing fine.... Just make sure your controlling your hexa and b's... And don't eat till your stuffed and it will come off...

Thanks for all your replies. Have been at a baby shower all day where the food was sandwhich buffet all in WHITE rolls so had one (to be polite and was starving! But not been a good day at all. From tomorrow I will be weighing, measuring and making sure I'm 100% on plan :) if after another week nothing I might join class

Last edited:
you did lose 2lb last week though Skinnybride? So must be working! Last time I think I maxed the diet to the full - free foods meaning eat like a pig, so this time I'm gloing to try to be more sensible! Good luck tomorrow

Thanks all, have been 100% and had no syns to make up for yesterday's. Fingers crossed, if anyone has any comments on food or further advice please share :)

I have finally come to realise that most 'diet plans' work on a basis of use up more calories than you take in. (believe me i have tried them all) Its just which way you chose to count it. There are basic calorie counting, weight watchers and slimming world among loads of others, but they all work on the same principle. If you prefer to keep not weighing foods and judging yourself when you are full then Slimming World is still the plan for you no matter how many times you been trying. This time you will get it right and keep it off. This forum is definately the best place for support. The very best of luck. X

Last edited:
I think it might be EE not working for me...am going to try a week of red and green as when I did SW before EE didn't exist.

I struggled with EE as I had terrible bloating to start with. I do mostly red days with the odd EE day. However I have come to the conclusion that I overeat pasta, potatoes and rice given the opportunity. I have to be very strict with my portions. As time has gone on and my appetite is adjusting I am finding that I am better behaved on EE but I still prefer red and try to make sure I still have 1/3 sf with it. I'm happy with my losses cos I don't tend to lose very quickly but have done better with this than with other plans. Hope all goes well with reds and greens.

Thanks, will see how it goes this week, don't want to give up carbs and just do red but it might be the next thing to try.

Back