does SW work the same all over? or can SWC add their own rules?

loolahoop

Silver Member
i just wondered if anyone had been told different or same as me regarding syns?
i have been told daily 5-15, i choose how many i want but recommended around 10...
my aunt started this week and has been told she is allowed 1 syn per stone of body weight and because she started at 10st 11 she gets 10 syns a day then to drop it to 9 syns when she hts 9st something...anyone else been told that?
i didnt reallyt think this made sense as i know many people who have weighed over 15st at the start of SW - and surely no-one weighs 5st!!

I don't see how that could work although if you weren't loosing I could understand dropping .. In ww you drop points as you loose .. If ur portion sizes get smaller or more super free less free or syns over time naturally as they should you will be fine x syns are there to be used .. Most people are advised around ten I think but you can have up to 15 if you need them xx

I've never heard that before, I'm 9 stone at target and still have between 10 and 15 syns a day and loose. Like you say it doesn't make sense as noone would be 5 stone and need the 5 syns. The only variation on syns I've heard is if your really active you need the top amount and if your really really not active you might need to be looking at the lower end of the syns

I have heard of the odd person on Facebook being told that but it is nonsense. Where would be the incentive to lose weight if you know that you are going to get fewer 'treats'. Its very different to WW where almost your entire food intake is pointed and you would naturally have to reduce points as you get smaller. But there shouldn't ever be a point in your SW journey when you need to cut back on syns, you would look to your free food portion sizes instead. And think about it cutting back by 1 syn a day only saves you 140 calories a week so what is the point of that anyway lol

Unfortunately as we see from this post and a lot of others on here there is a lot of variation in what consultant tell their groups. I think over time they can develop their own little ways of working that are then passed onto their members, or of course if they don't keep up to date with training they can be behind the latest advice. I'm sure it is all meant with the greatest of intentions but it can be very confusing for beginners or people moving between groups and being told different things.

The SW literature says 5-15 syns a day so stick with what you are doing. If your aunt wants to question what she has been told she can get in touch with SW HQ :)

thanks guys i did check the SW site n it still said 5-15 - no mention of syns per weight lol, its only coz she said once im slim we will go out for a drink, sp i responded with we can still go for a drink while we r on plan then she said she can only have 2 drinks as she can only have a max of 10 syns, n she had no idea about going upto 15, or heard of flexi-syns :/ yeh i think i will dvise her to ring HQ x

We are told about 10 syns a day, but as I got near to target and struggling with half pound losses every week was told to reduce to 5 syns a day an it worked and I got there :)

I've just been to meeting and C had decided to do a new members talk for everyone to refresh us all which was great. She said 5-15 syns but start with 10 and see how you go. A new member asked about reducing and she agreed that they are part of the plan and allow us to carry it forward after target so should always try to include at least 5. No mention of syns per stone.

In answer to your question - yes SW rules are the same all over and C's are not meant to make up their own rules. Some obviously do though! It really sounds like WW more than SW - most odd...

Back