Does The Loose Skin Tighten Up??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shazzy1970, 24 June 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

I'm Hoping For My 3.5 Stone Off This Week. I've Got Really Loose Skin On My Tummy - We Won't Even Discuss The Boobs!!!! Will The Skin On My Belly Tighten Up Through Time Or Is There Something I Can Do To Help Tighten It Up A Bit. I Had A C Section When I Had My Son 3 Years Ago So I Know That I Will Probably Always Have A Bit Of "overhang" But I Would Just Like To Tighten Up The Tummy A Wee Bit - Not Looking For It To Be Flat As A Board Just Not So Loose And Saggy!??!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I believe it's said that for every stone you lose it takes 2 months for your skin to spring back. I take it from that it will spring back it just takes a little while for your skin to get with the programme. All I can say is if it doesn't spring back I'm going to hunt down the guy who came up with the 2 month theory and give him a piece of my mind! LOL.

4. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I read on another thread that any loose skin after 6 months probably wont spring back. But not 100% sure. xx

5. Beccubug

Beccubug Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.08%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I am hoping it will too. I think it can take up to a year which seems like ages but even if you have surgery it takes that long for the real effect to show. I use bio-oil which seems to help a bit, maybe worth trying, I just tend to add it to a bath.

6. JustJo

JustJo Cambridge Counsellor

I'm sorry to say, but it's been almost three years since I lost my weight, and my loose skin hasn't gone back at all. :sigh:

Obviously though, everybody's different, so it could turn out okay with you.

Kelly: If you could hunt that guy down for me now, that'd be great. ;)

Jo x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.