• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Does the time of the month make a difference to your weight loss?

If you are due on, or are on your period you can gain a substantial amount in fluid weight. Anything up to 9lb! So if you are in that period (pardon the pun) then to still be showing a loss is great!

S: 19st6lb C: 16st7.5lb G: 15st0lb Loss: 2st12.5lb(14.89%)
I was extremely lucky to have a loss too but usually you do face a STS or gain those weeks cos like MLM said you hold onto water ..

Its really weird but i tend to lose more when im on my period. I always feel really slim when im on my period, its like when i get pregnant i lose weight in the first couple of weeks. Strange or what!

S: 21st7lb C: 21st7lb G: 17st12lb BMI: 42 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
My weight loss is usually really affected by that time of the month - for two weeks of the month I don't loose or I put on weight and the following two weeks I can loose up to 8lbs! As long as I loose roughly about 6 or 7 pounds a month I don't stress about it - it's the long term loss I'm interested in.

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.57%)
Its just water weight. It will come off the next week.

Its really weird but i tend to lose more when im on my period. I always feel really slim when im on my period, its like when i get pregnant i lose weight in the first couple of weeks. Strange or what!
im the same i usually have a good weight loss on these weeks

S: 19st5lb C: 15st11lb G: 11st11lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 3st8lb(18.45%)
I will go up about 2 pounds in the days leading up to my period, and then it will go again three days or so after the start, so sometimes it shows on the scales depending when weigh-day falls, but its only water so don't let it get you down, because it will right itself the next week.

S: 13st7lb C: 10st6lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 26.7 Loss: 3st1lb(22.75%)
Totally, I tend to either STS or gain 1/2 a lb star week but this week I lost a lb so assume I was meant to lose more but it's not showing cause of the ole gift from mother nature.

debtdummy

Silver Member
S: 13st13lb C: 12st13.5lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 0st13.5lb(6.92%)
i hate period week on ww i used to gain 3lb only had one wi on sw and gained 0.5lb so all good will let you know next week

S: 10st10lb C: 10st2lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 0st8lb(5.33%)
ty for everyones replies :) I guess everyone is different.. I managed to lose 2lbs, yay
You lucky chucky, well done! My period was due last week and looks like it doesn't want to come anytime soon, I don't know how many small losses (0.5lbs for a few weeks running) I can keep blaming on it! xxx