Does this sound like a green day?

docmurphy

I forgot I had already had my full hexb when I made some sw flapjacks today, and i had to try one :ashamed0005: so this put me on two hexb. HAving always stuck to EE, I am a little intimidated by red and green days, so can someone help me out?

This is my food for today:

Breakfast
3 x ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (1/2 hexb) with <30g choc Philli (4.5 syns) and 1 x sliced banana

Lunch
1 x wholemeal slice from 400g loaf (1/2 hexb)
1/2 tin plum tomatoes and
21g low fat cheddar grated (1/2 hex a)
Muller light yoghurt

Snack
SW flapjack (hexb + 1/2 syn)

Dinner
1/4 of 360g pack stir fry turkey, fried in frylight with sage and S+P
rice with roasted veg
CArrots and courgettes
pickeled beetroot
grilled tomato

dessert - 1 x meringue nest (2.5 syns)
with 1 x frozen cadburys light mousse (3 syns) and frozen berries

drinks - tea with125ml semi skimmed milk (1/2 hex a)
sugar free squash
water

By my reckoning this is:
1 x hex a
2 x hex b
10 syns

Which should fit in with a green day...am i correct?

Thanks for your help x

Last edited:
I forgot I had already had my full hexb when I made some sw flapjacks today, and i had to try one :ashamed0005: so this put me on two hexb. HAving always stuck to EE, I am a little intimidated by red and green days, so can someone help me out?

This is my food for today:

Breakfast
3 x ryvita wholegrain crackerbread (1/2 hexb) with <30g choc Philli (4.5 syns) and 1 x sliced banana

Lunch
1 x wholemeal slice from 400g loaf (1/2 hexb)
1/2 tin plum tomatoes and
21g low fat cheddar grated (1/2 hex a)
Muller light yoghurt

Snack
SW flapjack (hexb + 1/2 syn)

Dinner
1/4 of 360g pack stir fry turkey, fried in frylight with sage and S+P
rig with roasted veg
CArrots and courgettes
pickeled beetroot
grilled tomato

dessert - 1 x meringue nest (2.5 syns)
with 1 x frozen cadburys light mousse (3 syns) and frozen berries

drinks - tea with125ml semi skimmed milk (1/2 hex a)
sugar free squash
water

By my reckoning this is:
1 x hex a
2 x hex b
10 syns

Which should fit in with a green day...am i correct?

Thanks for your help x

i think it would need to be an original day, as youve not had an green free food, and having used your 2 HeB, youd need to syn the turkey. whereas if you have an original day it would be free, and you also have another HeA to use up :) HTH x

I'd say it was a red day aswel
On green days u need to use ur meat as a heb or as syns - carbs like potato and pasta are free.

If it is red, i'd have to syn the rice as well though - which I had heaps of..ooops! That has put me well over my syns for today....back to the drawing board tomorrow....:sigh:

Thanks for helping me out :)

docmurphy said:
If it is red, i'd have to syn the rice as well though - which I had heaps of..ooops! That has put me well over my syns for today....back to the drawing board tomorrow....:sigh:

Where was the rice???

docmurphy said:

The other option would be to syn your second HEb, and go EE, as you've had enough sf :) then you'd only be 1 or 2 syns over for the day-as most hex are 6/7 syns x

My typo! I said rig with roasted veg, I meant rice! Lefyovers from the previous nighys dinner. I think I will EE the day and syn the flapjack, as I am then just about on track! Until I really get the red/green days, I will try the days suggested in this months sw mag...might be safer than me messing it all up.

I love this forum, where would I be without it?!

Back