Does thre 40cal per 1 point rule actually work??

Lianna

Silver Member
Im wondering if this works because it will be quicker for me when im out shopping to use this rule if something isnt on the list of stuff rather than putting all the values into pp calculator?? obviously id work it out properly before eating but as a general rule does this work? x

No, it's not exact though it's a good indication. I actually tried this myself but then I realised some stuff with the same calories was 8 and some was 11! So it can be out by 3 points! It depends where the calories are coming from. Carbs, fats...etc.

That would be great if it was true though. It'd stop me getting strange looks in my local shop. I'm sure I'm the weird girl who goes in reading the back of packets, tapping into her iphone, sighing and putting the thing back on the shelf!

No, I tried it with sweetcorn it said it was 83cal per 100g portion but weight watchers say 1pp per 30g

I use that rule for when I go out for lunch. I don't want to start calculating the pro points in a bag of crisps in a cafe! It's better to do this than no to try pointing at all!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back