Doing it for the kids...

KoKo88

Silver Member
:sigh: Here we go again!

I've been overweight since I started secondary school (12 years ago!) I quit playing all the sports I liked and got more interested in watching the boys play! Unfortunately my eating habits didn't change, and have got gradually worse throughout the years. I reached 18st 12lbs 4 years ago after the birth of my son and got down to 13st by dabbling in a VLCD. Another baby and lots of pizzas later I'm heavier at 19st 7.5lbs.

I'm lucky in that I have a supportive family, but they also like to eat and drink, they just do less of it! I know I will be faced with LOTS of temptation, and I always fail. Always! I'm hoping to build myself somewhere to put all my ups and downs, and lots of rants!

I'm also hoping I'll feel a bit better after getting rid of some beef!

Current dress size:
Top - 22
Bottom - 24

Day 1

Feel really sick and tired, I'm sure my body knows it's not going to get all the usual sugar! Busy day ahead of cleaning, shopping and gardening so have my menu planned in advance! I also need to buy a pair of trainers, I don't own a pair!

Banana

Jacket Spud
Bolagnaise
Cheese HEXA

Pork casserole 3SYNS
Roast pots
Veg

Grapes
Choc Philli 30g 4SYNS
Nectarine
Skinny Cow lolly 5SYNS

12 SYNS USED

Last edited:
Today has been really tough! So tempted to jack it in, on bloody day 2! Had a talk with the hubby, we both know I need to do something. He agreed we could save the money we would normally use on take aways and go to New York!!! I'm so happy! I want to go for our 3rd wedding anniversary which will be mid Sept, next year, and my goal for then is 11 st. No worries about a airplane seat belt fitting then :)

Day 2

Banana

2 WW Bread HEXB
Beans
2 Eggs

4 Sausages 2SYNS
Potatoes
Veg
Onions
Cheese HEXA

Nectarine
Icecream 10.5SYNS

12.5SYNS USED

Last edited:
Thank you - I hope so!

I have a busy day tomorrow but hoping I can get a bit of batch cooking done. Will have a big cooked breakfast using the remaining sausages, chicken salad for lunch and roast chicken for dinner. I'm hoping my plan of making mash with quark works! Got a few ideas down for dinners over the next few weeks, yum yum!

I've emptied all the usual convenience food out so I have a bit more room. Not started yet though, I've been out all day just stopped off at my mums to wait in for a house viewer so thought I would have a browse instead of raiding her cupboards!
Not having cravings today, drank lots of squash, think my body might finally be recognising the difference between hunger and thirst :)

Day 3

Sausages 2SYNS
Beans
Eggs

Banana
Ham

Chicken
Maggi mix 2.5SYNS
Salad
Mayo 2SYNS

Nectarine
Satsuma

6.5SYNS USED

Last edited:
Edited today - didn't have sw chips with dinner, just went the whole hog with the salad. I have NEVER had salad at dinner time, it's always meat/veg/carbs ALWAYS! But it was nice and filling!

The sweet craving is back aarrrghhh! I have 7 Up free but it's not curbing it. May have an icecream cone, will take me over for today but can claim them back tomorrow.

Kimboowee said:
Edited today - didn't have sw chips with dinner, just went the whole hog with the salad. I have NEVER had salad at dinner time, it's always meat/veg/carbs ALWAYS! But it was nice and filling!

The sweet craving is back aarrrghhh! I have 7 Up free but it's not curbing it. May have an icecream cone, will take me over for today but can claim them back tomorrow.

I've heard before that diet drinks can increase cravings. If I want a sweet treat I sometimes have a meringue nest with strawberries or blueberries, nom

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kimboowee said:

Well done on the salad munching btw :)

Ahhh, I got some because I thought it would help keep the reaaallllyy bad Saturday night munchies at bay.

Quite a boring Sunday this week. Not used to not going to the pub for carvery! I've made the tomato soup and I have a banana cake in the oven, I thought I got enough chicken out yesterday but I didn't so once that has defrosted I'll make curry and diet coke chicken.

Here is today - Will add syns in when I know whether the cake is edible!

Day 4

Eggs
Mushrooms
Onions
dash of milk
25g Cheese HEXA

SW tomato soup

Diet coke chicken
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Rice

Choc philli 3SYNS
Banana
Icecream cone 10.5SYNS

13.5SYNS USED

Last edited:
It didn't rise in the middle, I had to put it on fan grill as my oven setting isn't working. But the hard bit I tasted was really nice! Will try it in my mums oven on Friday. It's my stepdads 40th next Saturday, big family party, I'm doing the catering which is burgers, and chips from the chippy! Will make myself my own mince burgers, and have a roll and cheese from hexs, and maybe another roll...I'm not going to drink though, will try stick to diet coke so I can have chippies and cake!

Edited todays menu. Definitely had 1/3 with my meals today. Diet coke chicken was really nice, would have it again, the kids ate it, they weren't keen on the rice but could always do them SW chips instead. Going to go to Weds morning weigh in, means dragging two kids but I don't have a choice this week as husband is on dodgy shifts x

DAY 5

SW tomato soup
2 crispbread HEXB

Chicken pieces

Ribs
Maggi sauce 2SYNS
SW chips
Cucumber sticks

Last edited:
diary is good , im new to this so lookin for inspiration , no classes near me atm so hopin t get into it slowly n wen class opens up near me il be full steam ahead !!

Good day so far today. I'm so broke though!! I've ordered shopping to come on Wednesday afternoon but we should have enough to get through until then. Will definitely be on straight diet coke this weekend!

Trying to work out a nice menu for our anniversary, will have to be a cheap one this year. I know he has bought my pressie but I haven't got him anything yet, eeeek! I think I'll get him some aftershave and we can have an afternoon out shopping. I really want some cheap fizz too but weigh in is the next day, we'll just have to celebrate the day after!

We are due to go on holiday in 2 weeks too. It's Butlins but luckily we got an apartment so we can do our own lunches instead of eating out, breakfast and dinner is paid for. Just need spends for the copious amounts of fruit shoots the kids will get through! I need to buy a swimming costume. UGGHHHHH.
I'm hoping it will work out before then, it's just a big chunk of bills went out today. *******.

But yes, today has been alright, I've not been hungry. I didn't have 1/3 for my snack or dinner, lack of fresh food. I have no fruit in so it's really difficult! I am feeling back in control though, my first week of SW before I lost 4lbs, I was gutted! I should of lost 5-7lbs. See what the scales say in just over 24 hours!

Kimboowee said:
We are due to go on holiday in 2 weeks too. It's Butlins but luckily we got an apartment so we can do our own lunches instead of eating out, breakfast and dinner is paid for. Just need spends for the copious amounts of fruit shoots the kids will get through! I need to buy a swimming costume. UGGHHHHH.
I'm hoping it will work out before then, it's just a big chunk of bills went out today. *******.

But yes, today has been alright, I've not been hungry. I didn't have 1/3 for my snack or dinner, lack of fresh food. I have no fruit in so it's really difficult! I am feeling back in control though, my first week of SW before I lost 4lbs, I was gutted! I should of lost 5-7lbs. See what the scales say in just over 24 hours!

We went to centre parcs in Jan, then Haven in summer and both involved lots of running round shallow water chasing kids and Ivwas dreading wearing a swimsuit! I bought a lovely one from Debenhams that had a little skirt and a tummy control panel, it was 50's style so didn't look too frumpy, it was about £38 which is far more than I normally spend, but it was worth it as I felt more confident in it

Back