Doing it without ketosis

Kingy19

Know this is probably a really stupid question, but I was wondering if I stuck to this but had the odd sugar in my tea/an orange/ carny veg so that I didn't go into ketosis, would I still get the same losses? The carlories would be minimal extra.

It's just for me, I get really poorly when I go into ketosis. The headaches are horrific and I generally feel really quite ill.

Is there more of a health benefit of being ketosis, ie would I suffer more if not? I'm perfectly find and feel great, loads of energy and happy, not really struggling. Then I go into ketosis and it's awful.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Actually I know it's a stupid question really. I'm going to try and ride it through this time. But god am I dreading these headaches again!!!

When do you feel Ill and get the headaches?

I've tried a few times and I go into ketosis between 2/4 days depending and I get them the day after I go into it. I feel like I can't speak properly too. Do you think I need to just ride it out? I hate headaches and they're pretty bad.

Ok, I'll start again tomorrow and ride it out. It's bloody awful though! I get a right shock going from feeling to feeling like that!! Thanks starlight .

Lots of people feel bad for the first week but it does pass if you stick with it.

I got bad headaches in my first week - I think it was carb withdrawal.

Thanks guys I will do. I have problems with my sinuses and it seems to give me sinus headaches, the pain is unreal. I think I'll do what has bee suggested previously where you cut down a few days before going full throttle. I never do that and go straight into it, so hopefully that might help. Thanks everyone x

I felt absolutely terrible in my first week, so bad I was about to make an appointment with the doctor. I had extreme headaches, my scalp kept having a tingly numb sensation, I couldn't think straight, I felt really tired and I had no energy. I then started drinking more water and then when I finally decided to book an appointment the next day I felt a lot better! and have been fine since (now in week 7).

Maybe the way I felt wasn't because I was going into ketosis but it's a big coincidence feeling like that after starting a VLCD then it disappearing.

But I agree stick it out as hard as it is and then you should feel a lot better. Just remember to drink your water! I believe it really helped me.

Yeah it could possibly be that. But I was drinking the 2 and a bit litres, do you think I probably needed more? I'll make sure I drink more this time round . X

The more you drink the more you shrink!!!! ; )

Your body uses water to burn your fat!!! So the more there is available the better.... plus the calories burned walking to the loo Lol.....

I actually think you do lose more if you drink more. Although within reason of course otherwise it would be really bad for you.

All the big companies stepped back from the 'more you drink the more you shrink' tagline several years ago. I think it was CD which said it wasnt the case.

Ive never found it makes a blind bit of difference if I have 2/3/4 litres, if anything I get water logged lol I suppose its down to different people but I dont think it follows that its the case, might work for some, but not for others

If your body uses water to metabolise the fat then surely the more available the better.... Sure there's prob an upper limit as surely you can only burn so much fat in a day!!!!

Just my opinion though!!!

X

I think I loose more weight the more I drink, but only due to the fact I'm constantly running up & down stairs to the loo...lol

Back