Doing the C25K

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
Hi everyone, I decided last month that I was finally going to take up running and thought I'd use the C25K as my aid.

I've never been a runner and now I'm on Week 4 and I can't imagine ever giving up running

I wondered if anyone else is doing the C25K or some sort of running programme and wanted to support each other?

If you are thinking of doing I'd say go for it and try...its only 30 mins ☺

Hi Claire!

I started running about 18 months ago using the C25K programme and I can't recommend it highly enough - it's the best way to get started IMO and it's accessible and possible for anyone to use.

I used that to get started and then just kept on going. I've just ran my first marathon :)

There is a runnaholics anonymous page which I recently resurrected if you want to come and chat all things running, the link is here - http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...team-runaholics-anonymous-56.html#post7829524

I have just got home from my 2nd run on week 2. I have always hated running but perversely find it gives me the greatest satisfaction when I do it! . I'm using it with run keeper and this mornings effort was 3.25km in 30 mins. A 5k in 30 mins suddenly doesn't seem so impossible.

Be great to see how everyone gets on.....and maybe then on to 10k????

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I started this the other day!! Knackered me out but was the first time I'd been fit enough to do any sort of jogging so was chuffed. I still have a long way to go (im 23st) so i might do week one for two weeks as I was struggling!

Good for you! Who cares if you do the same week twice- I often give myself 2 days off rather than one, for me it's about not giving up and reaching the goal eventually. Bit like my weight loss journey lol

I started the c25k on Wednesday and rejoined Slimming World on Thursday! Am determined to do this.
I did w1d3 run today and it's still a struggle so might repeat week 1 next week as even running for 1 minute is hurting me!!! I am totally unfit but reading your posts has given me a boost to do it!

Hiya everyone well done ☺

I think I'll be repeating W4 as the 5 min run is a killer lol

This week I won't be running much as hubby is working away so I haven't got anyone to have out girls.

I'm definitely not a runner but doing this has really given me the confidence

Just completed W2 and I'm actually looking forward to starting W3

I have to say the jump to 5 min in W4 scares me at this point, but I'm not going to think about and just get motivation from you ladies and the London Marathon......this time next year maybe? Lol

How annoying- never mind it will mean you are fully recovered for W4 again, which I am sure will be a lot easier. I'll have moved onto W4 by Tuesday.....

Hey ladies- how's it going..it's gone awfully quiet on here.....

Back