MISSLSR

Gold Member
So I had such great plans (as usual) to be at goal in 2019, fast forward to now and I'm slowly coming to the realisation that this is not going to happen because I have constantly stopped and started throughout the full year.

I could have been at goal already but I've slipped back into very bad habits and allowed some, not all of the weight to creep back on.

I've now made a plan to get to goal before my 37th birthday which is in March 2020.

I have 30 WI's to lose 69lbs, I can reach this goal by losing a steady 2.3lbs per week.

Dxxx

Surviving day 1, helps that I didn't bring a purse to work so have no money to nip out and pick anything up. This is going to be the key to my survival I think, remove all temptation.

I'm excited to see how much money I can save aswell by doing this, really need to up my game as I have no emergency fund at all and a car due a service in November so ideally want to have some money put away for that. We will see.

49 days until Disneyland Paris - eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

Dxxx

I wish you well, Dolly. Disneyland Paris sounds exiting!

My lunch breaks at work were never long enough to nip out, but we had a vending machine full of goodies. I made it a rule to always pack my lunch, and never bring change to work, saved me a lot of money. So, it's a good plan you have.:) Good luck!

Ah thanks, oh I can't wait. Going with my sister, her BF and their 2 kids - sooooooo excited!

I work in Glasgow city centre so just surrounded by temptation! I've done it though, just need to make it home for my last shake of the day then early night I think!

Dxxx

Day 1 - DONE
Black coffee x3
Black tea x4
Water 4.2l
Lighterlife chocolate shakes x3
Exante white chocolate and raspberry bar x1

Worked until 6.45pm and survived the day without sneaking a treat, plenty lying around the office aswell. No wonder we are all piling on the lb's!

Got home and my Sister, her 2 kids and her dog were in, they are staying during the week. They will be out shopping with my Mum to get school uniforms in. J is starting primary 2 and P has her first day at school next week! Can't believe it! Managed to get the day off so will be an emotional Auntie at the school gates.

It was dinner time when I got home, the kids had mashed potato, sausages and spaghetti - It was torture having to sit there and try to coax them into eating it while I sat with my shake and a bottle of water but the sacrifice will be worth it.

I'm back to daily weighing, I know it's not for everyone but think it will help me stay on track. Down 1lb to 14st 12lbs this morning so seeing movement already which is great.

2.3lb goal this week, lets do this!!!

Dxxx

Last edited:
Oh no, just realised the porridge went out of date in June 2019 :oops: It is best before so hopefully will be fine...........

I have another 2 of them to eat today aswell so fingers crossed it doesn't make me ill.

Can't chuck them out, cost me a whole £1.00 for the 4 :p

Dxxx

Hungry!!

Was going to go make my 2nd product of the day but checked my journal and I had it yesterday at 3pm. Just having a cup of chai tea and a bottle of water now instead. Will have it in an hour so that I am now starving later on today.

Other news, I just won 4 tickets to go see Peter Powers at the Pavillion Theatre in Glasgow. It's on Friday night so just gonna figure out who is coming with me. Should be fun.

Dxxx

Just had my 2nd porridge of the day, soooooooooooooo yummy!

Will have a chocolate shake at about 6pm then will dig something out of the cupboard when I get home.

Dxxx

Feeling hungry again, need to wait until 6pm before I have my shake though otherwise I will be starving later on.

Think when I get home I will have a bar with a nice cup of Twinings sleep tea.

Need to distract myself from the hunger, also helps that I can't actually go to the shop to buy anything but if I really wanted something there is a ton of food lying around this office.

Must stay strong!

Dxxx

Wowee, Dolly, your resolve with work treats and the kid's meal! I would've caved with the kid's meal for certain.

Congratulations on the tickets! How cool is that?

I like that you're admitting your hunger, so many folks on the quicker weight loss plans like to say " oh and I don't feel hungry!" I call BS ...lol. It sounds tough, and I've no doubt it is. You're doing amazingly well. Best of luck!

Thanks bog willow, defo was hungry most of the day yesterday and stomach was rumbling when I went to bed but it's got to be done.

Usually after the first few days you don't feel hungry but it takes a while for me to adjust to it.

I know! Me, sister, mum and mums friend who is over from Canada are going. Will go for dinner before it and have a few drinks. Mums friend is heading home next week I think so will be a kind of farewell night for her.

Oh it was soooooooo hard, I really wanted to just grab the plates and eat the whole lot.

Dxxx

Day 2 - DONE
Black coffee x3
Black tea x5
Water 4.2l
Lighterlife porridge x2
Lighterlife chocolate shakes x1
Exante strawberry jam bar x1

Another day under my belt and WI this morning was at 14st 9lbs!!! So happy with that. It's working!

Also took measurements;

H - 53 inches
W - 37 inches
B - 41 inches
T - 27 inches
A - 13 inches

Looking forward to seeing those go down, will take measurements every month to keep a track.

Sister stayed again last and P was up at 3.30am being sick, think she just had to much to eat before she went to bed. So tired today though, don't know how parents do it honestly.

Anyway ready for another good day, purse is still at home which means I can't eat but also I'm gonna have money left at the end of the month to add to my non existent emergency fund! Win win.

Dxxx

Hi Dolly! Love your posts. Great start.

I've just started using You Need a Budget. It's a great way of managing the money you have. Or in my case, sorting out my overdraft.

Oh I've heard about that on MSE forum.

I don't have any debt, paid it all off last year so I just need to chuck the spending mostly on food and I'll be fine ;)

Just about to have my first product of the day, will be a bit of a mix between Cambridge, Exante and Lighterlife today. Using up the stuff in the work cupboard then I can start on the stash I have at home :p

Dxxx

Had my Cambridge porridge for brekkie, it is sooooooooooooo good. Much thicker than the Lighterlife one but it's so expensive so will be sticking to them and the Exante products in the future.

Dxxx

Day 3 - DONE
Black coffee x3
Black tea x5
Water 4.2l
Cambridge porridge x1
Lighterlife porridge x1
Exante chocolate orange bar x1

Feel like I'm on a bit of a roll now, still feeling hungry every now and then but it comes and goes through the day.

Feeling happy though and much better in myself, when I eat junk food and binge I do feel terrible so it's good to actually feel better and know that I am making positive changes.

WI this morning and I am down to 14st 5lbs! Eeeeeeeeek that is a 7lb loss so far since Monday, now I know for a fact that most of that is going to be water weight but who cares I am chuffed to bits with that.

Also hit my 2st loss (again) but I am determined that I will never see those numbers on a scale again, all downwards from now on and no gains!

Dxxx

Just calculated my weight in lbs and I am 201lbs, sooooooooo close to being in the 100's!

Hopefully tomorrow.

Dxxx

Brekkie time, Lighterlife porridge again. Will be eating it soon,it's currently as hot as the surface of the sun!

Dxxx

Day 4 - DONE
Black coffee x3
Black tea x4
Water 4.2l
Lighterlife porridge x1
Lighterlife chocolate shake x1
Exante sweet and sour noodles x1

Day 5 - DONE
Black coffee x2
Water 1.5l
Ardnamurchan - Haggis fritters, sirloin steak, fries, mushroom, tomatoe, sticky toffee pudding, vanilla ice cream, old mout cider x4

So my planned meal out was delicious and we had a great night. Went to see Peter Powers which was really funny then just headed home straight after. We went for the train but loads were getting cancelled so we phoned a taxi. I went to M&S and had a handful of crisps to eat at home when my Mum came in to say the taxi was outside so had to leave them, quite glad now cos I would have just eaten them for the sake of it really!

Day 6 - DONE
Black coffee x2
Black tea x2
Water 4.2l
Exante cookie and cream bar x1
Exante mushroom soup x1
Exante spaghetti bolognese x1

Sooooooooo proud of myself for getting straight back on plan after Friday night out, usually that would be a trigger for a weekend long binge. Was hard when I got up in the morning and my Mum and her friend were sitting eating bagels with bacon and egg. Really wanted to eat it all but just had my black coffee and water and feel so much better for it now.

Dxxx

Back