• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Dolly's never ending battle....

S: 16st7lb C: 14st4lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 33.3 Loss: 2st3lb(13.42%)
Hey,

Anyone else really struggle to control food binges? I'm honestly not even sure what prompts me to start but all I know is that once I let a morsel of food passed my lips when I am in binge mode I literally cannot stop myself.

This week I have gone to bed 3 nights in a row feeling physically sick and mentally drained with my complete lack of willpower.

I want to lose weight.
I want to be healthy.
I want to feel confident.
I want to feel comfortable.

I know that my issue with food is holding me back but I can't control myself.

I'm so angry at myself right now, I wish I could get this under control, I don't want to be controlled by food for the rest of my life.

Dxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Julia78

Hi Dolly

I have been a member of mini’s for years & years but never post, however I didn’t want to read & run.

Just wanted to say that you are not alone with your binging - I have an absolutely terrible relationship with food & definitely lose control around it. I can go a couple of weeks at the most eating ‘normal’ but then out of nowhere I will get the urge & I literally cannot stop eating.

Like you I then get upset & angry with myself, which in turn leads to binging again & the cycle continues. I am positive that if I didn’t binge then I would be a normal healthy weight.

Dieting set the cycle off for me & still is the cause of it now. I will decide to start a diet tomorrow then eat well for a couple of days then decide I would prefer to follow a different diet then spend the next day or two binging ready to start my new diet - if that makes sense! I don’t seem to be able to stop this cycle. Luckily I don’t seem to gain any weight, I have somehow managed to stay the same weight for quite a few years however I do need to lose at least 2 1/2 stone.

I would love to have a normal relationship with food. I do feel this is getting better but I have a long way to go.

Good luck Dolly - I am always around reading so give me a shout if you want to talk about it. Let’s both make this the year that we control the food & not let the food control us.

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 19st5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48 Loss: 5st6lb(21.9%)
I will decide to start a diet tomorrow then eat well for a couple of days then decide I would prefer to follow a different diet then spend the next day or two binging ready to start my new diet.
Oh my word that sounds very familiar! That was me until Jan 18 when I rejoined SW and for some strange reason have stuck with it.

I do still have binges, have lost and gained the same half stone since Christmas! But overall I feel like I've got things more in control and am eating healthily - most of the time.

I'm not advocating SW, I know it's not for everyone - but I've made friends at my group and I think that's the key for me, I look forward to seeing them, I know I'm not alone in this bloody awful struggle with food, and it also helps that I've lost over 5 stone so far - nearly halfway :).

Here for you Dolly, whatever you decide, hun xx

Thank you both.

It's good to know we are not alone in this struggle.

Dxxx

I've weighed this morning and I am the same weight I was in January :classic_frown:

What a waste of time, I could be at my goal weight right now if I just stopped giving up then starting again.

I am now determined to only see these numbers going down until I get to a healthy weight.

Dxxx

My 2018 Weight Loss
16.0 - 224 - 7lbs
15.7 - 217 - 14lbs
15.6 - 215 - 5%
15.0 - 210 - 21lbs
14.7 - 203 - 28lbs
14.7 - 203 - 10%

Restart 15.04.19

My Mini Goals
14.0 - 196 - 35lbs
14.0 - 196 - 15%
13.7 - 189 - 42lbs
13.0 - 182 - 49lbs
13.0 - 182 - 20%
12.7 - 175 - 56lbs
12.2 - 170 - 25%
12.0 - 168 - 63lbs
11.7 - 161 - 70lbs
11.5 - 159 - 30%
11.0 - 154 - 77lbs
10.7 - 147 - 84lbs
10.7 - 147 - 35%
10.0 - 140 - GOAL

Dxxx

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 19st5lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 48 Loss: 5st6lb(21.9%)
Same with me Dolly, yoyoed back and forth since Christmas.

The big difference for me lately has been changing my job (a bit drastic I know lol) from a food charity, where there was temptation everywhere! so I've been able to focus much more and started losing weight again.

Are you keeping a food diary? I find it incredibly helpful to see what I'm eating and when, and what the binge triggers are.

I am going to start today.

I've just had my first product of the day which was a Honeycomb shake, it is disgusting :classic_confused: I am going to have them all day today, tomorrow and possibly Wednesday too. I just need to get them down the hatch and out of the way.

I also refuse to throw them out cos that's a waste of money :classic_tongue:

Dxxx