Donating blood

Amy2249

Silver Member
Hi everyone,
I am a regular blood donor and I am due to donate tonight but I was wondering how safe it is? I am on a PP day today and although I have not had any ill side effects from Dukan or donating blood, I was wondering if it is still safe to donate.
Has anyone given blood whilst on Dukan?

Thanks

:)

Hi Amy,

I gave blood a few weeks back and I didnt have any problems at all.

Eve

Great question, I've been wondering the same as I'm due to give in a few weeks too.

Am no expert but just make sure you eat something (including a bit of oatbran if poss?) before you go and drink plenty of water as usual. They won't take it if you've not got enough iron, which is the main concern they have!

Let us know how you get on and how you feel afterwards!

Jx

I was fine. I think water is the most important aspect.
I think if you haven't had problems previously than you will be okay :)
Let me know how you get on with your donation x

Oh that's good news, well done you! Losing weight and saving lives all at the same time. ;)

Also shows the diet doesn't sap you of all good health, as some naysayers like to make out!

I've given blood for years and since Dukan it has been no problem in fact better - comes out a lot quicker because of all the water I drink

I've given blood for years and since Dukan it has been no problem in fact better - comes out a lot quicker because of all the water I drink

I swear I never knew anything about how our bodies work before starting this diet!! Who knew?

I've an underactive thyroid and still give blood, meds correct that. Our diet won't effect donations x

And still they tell us this diet is dangerously bad for you...

Back