Don't Give Up on Yourself!

Curly.Locks

These were the words which my SW Consultant uttered using my first class to the entire group.

This resonates deeply with me. However, my journey has been inconsistent. Whenever I hear these words, I feel motivated. The only unfortunate thing is that I don't hear them often enough.

From today, I intend to start writing an account of my journey in the hope that I will finally be inspired to achieve what I have wanted to achieve for the last 6 years (although it only seems like four!)

Fingers crossed!

Today, I have eaten nothing but a massive chocolate bunny. I also had a pot of tea at Sainsbury's. I wanted to devour a slice of chocolate fudge cake in all it's delicious, moist, sticky, sweet glory, washed down with a pot of tea (ironically because I find it too sweet!), but I did. Once I was there, I was not persuaded because:

1) There was no display of caje next to the checkout

2) The cafe was busier than usual

From this, I became aware of how even I, as an adult, can be drawn in by an elementary marketing technique. Those adverts for sugar-induced "treats" don't just entice children! I concluded that I am not immune from the allure of cognitive manipulation - particularly in terms of food! Note to self: I really must be more aware of this in the future!

I also realised that, for me, eating is an entire experience in itself. The commotion within the cafe meant that I would not be able to sit quietly and enjoy the feeling and taste of chocolate becoming a sweet, molten, heavenly nectar in my mouth courtesy of a hot pot of tea. Another point to note!

Okay, so I had a chocolate bunny, of which, even one tiny piece which I indulged in, was far too sweet- yet I ate the entire damn thing! WHY DO I ALWAYS THINK I LIKE CHOCOLATE MORE THAN I ACTUALLY DO?! In fact, I'm convinced that I don't actually enjoy chocolate at all!

WELL DONE for not having the cake!

Review cognitive behaviour and established habits around decision making of consumption of chocolate!

Waiting for 7.30p.m. weigh-in. Did not attend last week due to meeting and couldn't attend an alternative group. For the last 2 weeks, I have not followed plan at all, been having takeout pizzas and curries topped up with pancakes and doughnuts and a countless amount of chocolate.

What will be the result tonight?

(You reap what you sow!)

Don't feel responsible for others. Feel responsible for yourself; be the best that you can be! You deserve it!

Last edited:
Breakfast - banana cake.

Dinner - Quorn sausages, mashed potatoes and beans. Simple yet delicious!

NOTE TO SELF: AM I EATING ENOUGH?

DEFINITELY NOT DRINKING ENOUGH.

Strategy: Fill up on free foods!
Drink more water throughout the day!

Back