Dont like my new scales ! Can they be right ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Hi everyone

Day 10 for me, 100% SS and today my new weight watchers body analyser scales arrived.
Naturally I had to try them out and am now a bit miffed !
I was 16.6 on Sat and according to my new scales I am now 16.5 and three quarters ! Only a quarter of a lb in 3 days ?
I'm hoping it's not right as it's only my second week so was wanting another decent loss on Sat !
This is the 1st time I've weighed myself except on weigh day and now I know why people say not to do it.
Going to move them to another part of the room and hope for a better result lol, moral of the story stick to your CDC scales x

lol... its my first week and ive been weighing myself at my BFs on Glass Salters digital scales.... Sunday evening i was 13.8 (originally weight 14.4) so i was sooo pleased.... yesterday weighed myself after work at my mums on difference scales and i was 13.13... soo upset. My official weigh in is tonight now im dreading it. Am drinkng plently of water too but only went to the loo like 4 times yesterday (thats not normal) so obv holding onto it for some stupid reason!! anyways bad to you lol sorry got carried away... moral of the story. Dont trust them or like you say, try another place.
I used to weigh at my CDC's house before them come home and find a place where teh scales were the same as hers then it would match each week. I dnt advise this though, you'll weigh everyday like me!
xxx

Different scales will have different readings.....don't beat yourself up! You should go by CDC scales because they will be the ones that determine you at goal :) xx

They are under the bed lol and will stay there from now on, x

I know it's hard to try and not weigh ourselves, but we must try and resist, all scales are different and your still have good lose you wait and see, hide them quick lol.

I know it's hard to try and not weigh ourselves, but we must try and resist, all scales are different and your still have good lose you wait and see, hide them quick lol.

I'm not going on them again.
Hubby to be is well chuffed as he is half a stone lighter than he thought so at least one of us is happy lol

i have 2 sets of scales
me old ones upstairs in the bathroom and me fancy digital ones i bought when i started SS+
as i took me 1st weigh in on the digital ones i go by these every week but the old ones upstairs weigh me lighter
in fact there is a 10lb difference between scales :eek:
trust me to stick to the ones that weighed me heavier lol
have to admit the digital ones are more accurate, i was weighed at the hospital the other day and there was only 1lb difference between them and me fancy ones
think i need to throw the bathroom ones away

kaz :)

I only use my home scales and the CDC scales and I am always three pounds heavier on the CDC ones. That's my official weight that goes on statistics here. I will not get on any other scales as it just confuses me and messes with my head.

That's even though I know the ones in the gym will say I'm 8lbs lighter than my home ones, I think they need adjusting!

Mmmm scales and ketostix little tools to knock our confidence. I would just go by the CDC scales once a week as weight fluctuates from hour to hour, after a bath after a trip to the loo. First thing in the morning last thing at night. Just keep them there ready for when you are at goal weight and maintaining :D

Thanks everyone, just a bit miffed I wasted almost £30, if they are way out on sat when CDC weighs me I shall return them for refund x

hey angel, my scales are slightly out at home too, around 2-3lbs difference. i think the problem is different scales are just tuned in differently! mine were on the carpet for around a year and when i moved them onto laminate flooring i weighed a stone heavier :eek::eek::eek::eek:

best to keep them in one place, when you have your weigh in, come home and weigh on the scales, work out the difference (if there's any) from the CDC's scales and keep track that way. it is a pain but really its the only weigh you'll track in the house. hope your weigh in goes well anyway! x

Thanks, I'm going to weigh side by side on Sat when my CDC comes for my next weigh in x

I couldn't settle until I went back to my original boots scales where I weigh in every week and they are 6 lb different so the new ones are going back to the store ! I'm on track as I should be so big smile back on my face and NO more home weigh in's for me !

Back