Total Solution Don't want to be fat and pregnant

Beccubug

Silver Member
So, I have been doing TFR diets for many years. I did really well on CWP the first time and got down to a size 8. Unfortunately I am terrible at the maintenance part and have been Yo-yoing like crazy ever since.

I started doing Slim and Save 5 weeks ago and then a couple of weeks back discovered Exante and switched.

I am 34 and have been putting off having kids for years for many reasons but my husband really wants to get going with it as he doesn't want to be an old Dad so we have agreed we will start trying this year.

I cant stand the idea of having to go to consultants and be treated differently because of my weight so I am trying to get down to a healthy weight before we start trying.

I am on week 6 day 1 and have lost 21lbs so far. I had a crappy day yesterday with cravings but managed to resist, and as it was the first crappy day I'm quite pleased.

I am not really sure of my goal yet. Ideally I would like to get down to 10 stone but I think we will start trying for a baby when my BMI is below 30 which is 12 stone 6 pounds.

I have been hanging around reading diaries for a while and look forward to supporting and getting support.

Hi Becc and well done on your weight loss so far.

If its any help, one of my reasons to lose weight is to have another baby but I didn't have any issues with consultants with my first and I was BMI 34 when I got pregnant.

Hi Becc and well done on your weight loss so far.

If its any help, one of my reasons to lose weight is to have another baby but I didn't have any issues with consultants with my first and I was BMI 34 when I got pregnant.

Hi Aloize,

I have probably scared myself a bit by reading websites about being overweight and pregnant. I think most of my reason is to be more fertile and increase my chances as I know they will not be the best at my age. And also the vain want to have a nice bump.

Were you quite young with your first?

Its funny, our start weights are almost the same as is our first month loss.

I just booked a holiday to Spain today (a free one I won). It is exactly 100 days until I go so thats how long I have to be 100% and hoping for a 50 pound loss by then. Should put me in a comfy size 12.

I was 32 when I had him. 35 this year. Had some health issues after birth not related to weight but want to lose some weight this time mainly because it's hard running after a toddler when you're bigger!!

Ooh a free holiday. That's what I need.

I was 32 when I had him. 35 this year. Had some health issues after birth not related to weight but want to lose some weight this time mainly because it's hard running after a toddler when you're bigger!!

It always makes me feel better when I hear of women having kids later on. Like I'm not going to look massively old to be having my first child. To be honest I probably would have put it off forever but my mum and then my mother in law have both had cancer in the last couple of years and it really puts things into perspective.

Hi Becc, welcome and good luck :)

Hi Becc, welcome and good luck :)

Hi, thanks very much.

Day one down of my holiday countdown, only 99 to go.

I really am hoping I can get down to a 12 by then. I have ruined holidays for myself in the past by being far too self conscious about my body rather than enjoying the amazing experience.

Hope that you have had a good day :)

Hi Darcy,

I have thanks, just had an apple crumble and custard, I really liked it. I have also booked another holiday today to Italy in September, lots to look forward to.

How has your day been?

Hi Darcy,

I have thanks, just had an apple crumble and custard, I really liked it. I have also booked another holiday today to Italy in September, lots to look forward to.

How has your day been?

I had a good day, thanks :)

I really like the apple crumble too

......and I'm very fond of holidays! :D

How's it going Becc?

Hi, all good thanks. Still 100% and on day 3 of my 100 day holiday countdown.

How are you doing??

Excellent, well done :)

Day 4 of the 100 day holiday countdown. All going well. I am already 4.25 pounds down on last week and official weigh in is not until Wednesday.

That will help to make up for the STS last week.

Isn't it funny how that always seems so horrendous. Its so hard to keep it in proportion and remember that up until that point I had lost nearly 20 pounds in 4 weeks.

I can feel a difference in my clothes now. I am back into my size 18 work trousers and because the zip was broken I sewed them up so they are pull on and off (I hate work clothes and spend as little as possible on them).

I have a reward system in place that means I can buy something for every 10 pounds I lose. So far I have bought 2 handbags for my 10 pound loss and 3 Walking Dead comic compendiums for 20 pounds. My next is a new art print for 30 pounds. 6.25 pounds to go. The ones I am most looking forward to are 50 pounds and 80 pounds which are both new tattoos. My ultimate aim is 100 pounds off. I have my holiday to Spain in June and I am aiming to be 168 pounds by then (a bit optimistic but hey) and then 140 pounds by September for my trip to Italy.

How is everybody doing today? Does anybody else have a reward system for themselves?

I would be poor if I gave myself a treat every 10lbs lol! X

Back