Don't want to waste my youth being fat! Newbie saying hello

S: 11st0lb G: 8st8lb
Hello ladies and gents,
Well the title says it all really. I am 24 and not obese but overweight nonetheless and sick of it. I have been `chubby` since I was about 14 (until then I was 8 stone which seems incredible) and every year since then I have told myself that I would lose weight but to no avail. I tried weightwatchers for a bit but dropped out, tried doing it on my own but couldn't stick to it.

I was always setting myself age-related targets-you know- `I will be a thin before I turn 20`, then `I will be thin before I begin university`. Well I never achieved any of these goals and now I find myself aged 24 with 6 months left of my degree and still fat. I hate that being overweight has held me back during uni-stopped me getting involved with more societies etc, made me shy, stopped me feeling good on nights out, wearing the clothes I want. I hate that I've been fat during many of the milestones in my life-my 21st, weddings, anniversaries.
Anyway as the title says enough is enough. I'm 24 now and don't want to waste any more of my youth being overweight. I'll never get back my teen/university years and that makes me feel sad and frustrated. However I'm determined that I will not be fat into my mid to late twenties. I want to look back and say `yeah I was slim when I was young` and I feel that 24 is just about the last year that I can really do that! Anyway, looking forwards to meeting you all, sorry for the rant but as I said enough is enough and I'm determined to finally get this thing under control. :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
well done you for doing soemthing to make you happy :0) I always gave myself age targets and now im 30 this year and have just began the last journey i hope to have to take into a diet :) good luck!

crazylilblondie

Pizza addict
S: 12st13lb C: 12st0lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 0st13lb(7.18%)
Hey,

Reading you message felt like you were describing me! Im 24 this year and I too feel the same.

We can do it!! :)

xoxo

shelbell

Trainee Human On Board
S: 20st9lb C: 11st0lb G: 12st4lb BMI: 21.5 Loss: 9st9lb(46.71%)

Welcome to Mini's :) it's great that you're seizing the moment and doing this now, before you have any more years to look back on!

Good luck with the journey.

Sarette

Gold Member
S: 19st13lb C: 12st8lb G: 11st13lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 7st5lb(36.92%)
Hello and welcome! xx

S: 11st0lb G: 8st8lb
Thanks for all the welcomes :) crazylilblondie-good to know that others are feeling the same way. Life is too short to miss out! Misscheeky/Becky-thinking about going back to weightwatchers as I'm familiar with it. I've lost some weight on it before so I know it works-my only problem is willpower!

miss_unknown

Banned
S: 20st7lb C: 20st7lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 44.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
All the best on your weight loss journey and good luck with sw, I remember making one of those lists out as well only mine is now a "bucket list"

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Hi, good luck and welcome to minimins.