Double Chocolate Cookies

Kater-tater

Gold Member
2 egg whites
175g icing sugar
40g cocoa powder
2 teaspoons plain white flour
50g milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180c or fan 160c. Line 2 trays with baking parchment.
Whisk egg whites in large bowl until light and frothy but not stiff. Gradually sift in cocoa powder and flour whisking after each additon. Leave to thicken if you want but i never do.
Place 12 spoonfulls onto baking sheets, leave space between them as if not left to thicken it will run and they will touch but they can be seperated after they just wont be so pretty.
Dot with choc chips (sometimes i mix half into the mixture before) and bake for 12-15 mins untill firm and cracked on the surface, leave for 5 min than transfer to wire rack.
cookie001.jpg

Points per recipe: 19
Per cookie (when making 12): 1.5

I usually make 8 big ones for 2/2.5 points each as i use more choc chips.
Can be frozen, defrosts in about 10 mins or can be microwaved for a few secs to soften as they do not go totally solid in the freezer.

I would describe these as meringue like on the top with a crunchy surface and fudgy/gooy/chewy in the centre. (See left side of photo)
They are a firm favourite and i have been asked for the recipe several times but i never give it ;)

Oh my God Cupcake, thank you so much.

They look devine and yummy will defo be trying these out at the weekend.

Thanks again

wow they look well nice! Will try it out later for me and the kids.. x

Hi, these look wondeful, i just printed it out to make when i got a bit confussed!! Im fairly new to ww and was looking up the points of icing sugar in my ww 2009 shop book and its says

5g icing sugar = 0.5 points so 175g is 17.5 points,
then cocoa powder is 4pts for 40g,
0.5 for 2 tsps flour
which already equals 22 pts before the choc and the recipe says 19 pts per recipe, i really hope im working something out wrong any help would be much apprecaited.
Kim x

the recipe is from a ww cookbook so i assume those points are right. sorry cant help more

Hi, these look wondeful, i just printed it out to make when i got a bit confussed!! Im fairly new to ww and was looking up the points of icing sugar in my ww 2009 shop book and its says

5g icing sugar = 0.5 points so 175g is 17.5 points,
then cocoa powder is 4pts for 40g,
0.5 for 2 tsps flour
which already equals 22 pts before the choc and the recipe says 19 pts per recipe, i really hope im working something out wrong any help would be much apprecaited.
Kim x

5g of icing sugar may be half a point, but that doesn't mean EVERY 5g is half a point. Its like that thing were you can have, say a particular type of jaffa cake for half a point, but three for a point. I call it buy 2 get 1 free lol. Its all in the rounding up and down of points. Its a ww recipe, so its obviously right, so I would guess thats the explanation.

Hate it when it goes the other way, say nimble bread where one slice is a point, but 2 slices are 1.5 points, so annoying lol!

, i didnt know how to respond. I just assume ww is right for these things that dont change unlike brands

Last edited:
im confused did i respond? i thought i did but there isnt a post from me here?

You did respond but i cant see it either now?

im not even sure what i said.... can u remind me?

lol something about iceing sugar being not 0.5 per teaspoon when its more than one, like bread is more etc etc and to trust ww recipes

hmmmm i dont actuallly remember posting it lol i've ask starlight about it so i'll see if she knows whats going on. xxx

cupcake i think you're confusing me with purple star maybe? i remember reading this post but thinking " oh i wont reply, someone else will" now im totally confused haha

Back