Doubled in Size !!

popeye007

Hi All

Just coming to the end of day 1 on the Slimming World plan - and I'm absolutely determined to stick to it, so this seems a good area of the forum to post. I've had 3 'huge' wake up calls in the last couple of weeks:

1. Needed an extension belt on a recent flight
2. Saw the absolutely horrendous holiday pics (I appear to have lost my eyes when I smile, and it's difficult to establish where any other bits of me end and other bits begin - just all melds into one big lump !)
3. Met an ex colleague for the first time in about 8 years who literally said 'Oh My God - you've doubled in size' (not particularly diplomatic or empathetic but probably just what I needed.....)

So this is it - slimming club is in the church 50 yards away and weighed in last night at 18st. Hoping to get to 10 or under which obviously seems like a mammoth task, but a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step and all that good stuff.

Some absolutely inspirational stories on here and clearly lots of support (which is a good thing as I think I'll need it !!)

Good luck to all for tomorrow

Popeye

Hi Popeye. Absolutely doable and sounds like you've made a great start! As long as you believe in yourself you can completely do this! Looking forward to seeing your progress! :D

Day 9 in the Big Bertha House (apologies to any Berthas out there who may be offended)...and it's another a key face on the food diary.

Had my first weigh in on Monday and managed to lose 3 1/2 pounds despite having a fairly major night out on Saturday. So very pleased and finding it super easy to stick to so far.

Couple of question that someone else on SW may be able to answer:

1. When the optimising book refers to beans/spaghetti in tomato sauce - does this genuinely mean that I can get a big standard tin of Heinz brand and eat the lot if I choose to ?

2. I've had a few of the SW meals from Iceland (which have been pretty good), but the portion sizes seem huge. I cant see anything that suggests they arent just a single serving but just checking !

Good luck to all this week

There is no restriction on portion size on free foods, but you will probably find that as you lose weight your appetite is satisfied by smaller amounts, the main thing is to change your way of cooking, and make sure to count syns. The slimming world meals are large, it is up to your appetite again, better to eat these and be full, than to feel hungry later and hit the biscuits (or whatever your nemesis is).

I shared the chicken tikka masala SW ready meal with my partner today with a generous portion of rice + extra veg added. Was plenty for the both of us, and he is a large bloke! I was well impressed with how big the pack was! I am also pretty certain that heinz tinned spag is indeed free...see attached :D

Attachments

• heinz.JPG
    heinz.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
Welcome the site Popeye, and good luck with your journey xx

Hola Folks

Thanks for the replies - just had the beef in red onion gravy with veg crush and it was great. We got a voucher for a free meal at last week's weigh in so shopping for a few more tomorrow (lost 2.5 so hoping to hit half a stone on Monday but wish I'd chosen a different weigh in day to give me a bit more leeway over the weekend!). I'm still struggling with the idea of having so much 'free food but as long as the weight is going in the right direction who cares.

Keep your eyes peeled for power outages or a major fire in the Preston area on Saturday - I'm decided to have a bash at cooking something !!!

Hope everyone else is doing OK?

x

Good loss! I struggle with the weekends too (as well as during the rest of the week lol) ad I think that's where the ready meals come into their own for portion control.

I like the sweet potato curry one too :)

Morning Popeye, well done on the great start. Best wishes with the cooking.

Hi Popeye, wishing you all the best with your losses.

Evening All

Happy to report that the first 1/2 stone certificate is now on the fridge ! Lost two and a half, which was something of a minor miracle given the huge amount of syns (for syns read booze) consumed at the weekend. I'd completely forgotten that the couple who run the local pub we're celebrating 25 years in charge, so I ended up drinking on both Saturday & Sunday.

But planning to be exceptionally good this week (HA !) and made a good start by not going to the quiz this evening in order to avoid temptation.

Had the SW aromatic chicken noodle ready meal for tea which was OK but definitely needed a bit if soy sauce to give it some flavour.

Hope you lot are all doing OK and felling positive about the coming week (or weeks given that YKWhat is rapidly approaching !)

x

Congrats on your half stone popeye
Keep up the good work x

Brilliant loss, well done Popeye.

Back