Down days and having a virus

Do you do your down days when you are ill?

I have a virus called Labrynthitus (sp?). Its swelling in the inner ear, basically I'm dizzy and tierd. The Dr says it will pass in 1 to 3 weeks, I've had it for a week already.

What does everyone else do?

Rollergirl101 said:
Do you do your down days when you are ill?

I have a virus called Labrynthitus (sp?). Its swelling in the inner ear, basically I'm dizzy and tierd. The Dr says it will pass in 1 to 3 weeks, I've had it for a week already.

What does everyone else do?

Personally, I would listen to your body. If it's telling you to eat, eat.

Hope you feel better soon.

P x

Personally, I would listen to your body. If it's telling you to eat, eat.

Hope you feel better soon.

P x

Thank you. And I agree, trouble is my body tells me to eat on down days anyway, I just ususally have to ignore it for the day. It's a very odd virus I am not bedbound or anything, but I do get dizzy and tierd easily.

Does anyone have any experience of what they do if they are under the weather? Maybe no one on here gets sick!!! lol:D

Maybe I shall just try it and if it makes me feel extra rough wait a bit longer.

Dunno on this one...maybe you could try having really low cal foods but not worrying too much about sticking to under 500 IYKWIM?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I think you need to make sure you get all the nutrients you need so maybe not going crazy with the junk but definitely eat what you need. When you are tired and sick you need rest and good nutrition - I can't imagine 500 calories or less would help you get better.

I've had chronic Labyrinthitis and it's horrible so I can sympathise.

Have you tried ginger tea as sipping on it can help with nausea. Also, has your doc prescribed anything for you? Stemetil is whaat I was on, and travel sickness tablets can also help - Stugeron in particulaar I found helped x

No advice about diet but I had same thing a few years ago and can confirm its horrible. Doubt it will do u any harm sticking to diet but whether u feel like it is another matter xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm just starting back after being off for a few days ill. I ate soups and toast pretty much all the week so I probably didnt go mad but I didnt consciously make an effort not ot eat on the DD's. I think you need to eat to help throw off the virus quicker. Go with your instinct!

Back