Dr Dukan may be struck off as a doctor

Ha ha the DMail again :) Sorry haven't got time to read it at the moment so should not comment, but was it not the DM that first publicised this diet? (Or was it the Mirror??)

Ha ha the DMail again :) Sorry haven't got time to read it at the moment so should not comment, but was it not the DM that first publicised this diet? (Or was it the Mirror??)

Daily Mail? Wouldn't waste my energy reading it. Even if its true won't mean anything to me, the diet works, its sensible and it encourages long term healthy eating 'nuf said :D

I saw he was trending earlier this morning, so clicked on some links and saw the news.
It hasnt put me off Dukan :)

Him possinly getting struck is nothing to do with the diet to be honest. It's because he said something along the lines of "slimmer children will do better in exams than fatter kids so they should lose weight". Speaking about children like that is completely irresponsible as kids are so impressionable!

Him possinly getting struck is nothing to do with the diet to be honest. It's because he said something along the lines of "slimmer children will do better in exams than fatter kids so they should lose weight". Speaking about children like that is completely irresponsible as kids are so impressionable!

yeah he said something about children should be weighed, if theyre a healthy weight during tests/exams then they should get more marks.

His diet advise may work but his advise like that to teenagers is unacceptable! No diet is very healthy and they're not pin pointin that fact, we're all proving it works, i proved weight watchers worked and also slimming world, all in different ways! His is just another one on a long list to try.

Thanks for that BBC link - wow yes I agree that is such an irresponsible thing to say and it would be such an unbelievably irresponsible thing to implement!

Personally I think the healthy eating message that gets drummed into primary kids around here seems to be working - form mine at least. They may not like vegetables but they are cautious with sweets ;-) and do choose fruit over biscuits for snacks. Anyway while reading the BBC article I also found this:
BBC News - Chocolate 'may help keep people slim'

"People who eat chocolate regularly tend to be thinner, new research suggests.
The findings come from a study of nearly 1,000 US people that looked at diet, calorie intake and body mass index (BMI) - a measure of obesity.

It found those who ate chocolate a few times a week were, on average, slimmer than those who ate it occasionally."

BUT

But before you reach for a chocolate bar, there are still lots of unanswered questions. And in the absence of conclusive evidence, experts advise caution.
While there's no harm in allowing yourself a treat like chocolate now and again, eating too much might be harmful because it often contains a lot of sugar and fat too.
And if you are looking to change your diet, you are likely to benefit most from eating more fresh fruits and vegetables.

And of course LOTS and LOTS of reader comments!

I'm not buying it.
They are biased.
There are risks associated with this diet and there are risks associated with OBESITY too.
Let's not FORGET that the CONSOLIDATION allows us to have bread, fruit, cheese, pasta.
It is a GOOD diet.

Elisheba said:
I'm not buying it.
They are biased.
There are risks associated with this diet and there are risks associated with OBESITY too.
Let's not FORGET that the CONSOLIDATION allows us to have bread, fruit, cheese, pasta.
It is a GOOD diet.

I don't think that takes away from the fact that his comments in relation to adolescents and teens were ill thought out. That doesn't suggest that we say his methods don't work, we're proof they do, but we still disagree with his opinion on this!

Back