Dreadding my work evening out tomorrow

I'm off out for a curry with work, a team building meal. I've been adamant that I wasn't going as I've been worrying about what to eat. Are there any fans of Indian cooking on here who could give me an idea of what's tasty, but also the lowest in pro-points? I don't really eat a lot of Indian food so that's half the battle, as I could pick something thinking its low in points but it tastes awful.

Also on a separate note I tried cauliflower rice yesterday and added stir fry veg and stock cube. I was amazed by the taste. It was 1PP in the whole dish xx

Hope all goes well with the meal. Do you have any weeklies that you can use to cover it?

I don't know a lot about Indian food, just try to avoid the curries that have creamy sauces like Korma, Tikka Masala etc.

Wont the resteraunt serve meals other than curries? My mum goes out for indians regular and says where she goes serves normal food too. Would that be easier to choose? You'd maybe have more of an idea points wise then.

Quick peek in my eating out guide...

Biriyani - 37
Jalfrezi - 24
Korma - 24
Madras - 27
Tikka Masala - 23
Vindaloo - 23
Tandoori Chicken (half) - 15

The above are all chicken dishes. Hopefully it'll give you some sort of idea.

The only veg options are biriyani - 29 and curry - 15.

Theres lamb and prawn options too but not sure what Slimmer likes.

I always go for a chicken shashlik. It's chicken in spices with tomato peppers and onions but no sauce so you lose most of the points. Plus it comes with a salad to help fill you up. The eating out guide says it's 9pp but that's for a starter portion. I'm not sure what the size difference is between starter and main so I add half and call it 14pp to be on the safe side. If I fancy some carbs with it I order Bombay potato for 8pp (although I usually share it and only eat half). Hope you find something tasty and low in pp to enjoy.x

So I'm off out tonight for my meal and I can't believe how worried I've been. My friend said its a good thing as it shows how determined I am to get the weight off. Thank you to everyone for all the tips. Every time I need some advice I come on here and get so much support. It's great!

I've decided to try and save as many points for the meal as possible. So my meals for today are

Breakfast: large bowl of fruit salad and natural yogurt

Lunch: cauliflower rice with stir fry veg

Dinner: prawn/chicken jalfrezi with boiled rice. I'm in two minds about a starter, but if I decide to have one I'm thinking maybe chicken tandoori.

I like to have a sauce with my meal so couldn't go for a dry main dish. I've done some reading on different curries and jalfrezi is a tomato based dish I believe so hopefully I'll be ok with that.

Thanks again all xxx

Back