Dreading this weekend!! Help / Tips please!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
Hello & happy friday!!

I lost 1lb last week and 1lb the week before, frustrating but still a loss so i know i shouldnt whinge! But... I was a bit disappointed. I listed my 'confessions' of my cheats in another forum and this week cut all of them out!

Synned my gravy and cut all the fat off my meats, drank 2 litres or more of water a day :) and so far am feeling really really good!

Trouble is this weekend my OH has asked that we get a takeaway. Ive managed to change his mind from fish and chips :eek: to chinese as its easier on the syns but i still dont really want one!! Im considering doing an EE day but i always stick to red (carbs dont agree with me) or i dont lose.

Then on Sunday im going out for dinner with some old friends - ive already opted to drive so drink wont be a problem but i just feel like im going to be sabotaging myself even if i try to be good and im really hoping for a good loss.

I dont know if im over thinking it or putting too much pressure on myself but i could really do with the boost of a good loss. I want to have lost a noticable amount by 20th March and im not goin to do that with all these occasions in the way!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Thank you for letting me rant - feels much better :)

Any suggestions will be very much apprechiated

xxxx

the chippy can stilll work, have fish without the batter and mushy peas which will work out free, and when you are out with your friends look at steaks or gammon steak and hae a baked potato with it and that way you wont use so many syns

if you can get a copy of the menu for sat night or let us know if they have a website and we could all help you plan your meal

laura x

If you don't want a takeaway, don't have one! He can have one, and you can have something else.

For the dinner with friends, are you eating out or at their house? Either way, you can talk to them about the choices you want to make.

You are setting yourself up for a problem because you have convinced yourself that you are going to fail. It doesn't have to be that way.

I really think you'll be fine, because you come across as being so determined! A couple of weeks ago we had some friends around and they all wanted a takeaway curry! I really didn't want to go down this road, although I knew I could afford the syns I didn't want to have to go down the road of looking it all up and worrying I'd underestimated then panicking about my loss the following Monday at WI! Luckily I had planned ahead and the evening before I cooked my own curry- the kofta curry from the Jan/Feb SW mag! It was delish and I didn't feel like I was being unsociable at all! If you make it really clear to the people around you that you are serious about losing weight they will all understand! The meal you are going out for with friends- is it in a restaurant? Could you see a menu before you go there so you've already chosen? If it's at their house, perhaps you could tell them you would appreciate their help in making a low fat meal, or at least lots of veggies with it so that you can fill up on those! Save some syns too for these occasions so you have more scope! Remember that noone else but you can control what goes into your mouth, but don't be too hard on yourself either! As long as you count your syns you'll be fine!xXx

thank u both 4 your suggestions. i dont think were havin take away tonight now!! im out tomorrow with friends but your right, i am determined and i no the right choices to make so hopefully ill be ok!! thanks for your support xxxx

I know exactly how you feel! My mum kept suggesting we go out for a chinese for her bday n I kept saying yes because it was her birthday...but I just didnt want to go because id been having such a good SW week! Which is bizarre because chinese has always been my favorite food, but I just didnt even want it! It never ended up happening because we were all busy...but eventually I am going to have to go and eat out and when I do i'm just going to pick the best option I can and not be too disapointed if I dont lose! Life has to go on and I cant avoid eating out forever! x

I know exactly how you feel! My mum kept suggesting we go out for a chinese for her bday n I kept saying yes because it was her birthday...but I just didnt want to go because id been having such a good SW week! Which is bizarre because chinese has always been my favorite food, but I just didnt even want it! It never ended up happening because we were all busy...but eventually I am going to have to go and eat out and when I do i'm just going to pick the best option I can and not be too disapointed if I dont lose! Life has to go on and I cant avoid eating out forever! x

Thanks Philly its really nice to know im not the only one that feels this way!!

I ended up having fish and chips on Saturday but i was really good i had no syns for the rest of the day 130g chips which is 10syns and took ALL of the batter off of my 140g (1 HEXB) peice of cod :)

On Sunday i went out for a meal with my friends to the harvester so i had lots of 'salad cart' with 1 tablespoon blue cheese as its my fav and for the meal i had spitroast chicken with the skin removed, new potatoes instead of chips (with no butter) and sweetcorn. I also watched my friend have a sundae and i didnt have any and drank diet coke all night :) :D

Im really hoping for a good WI tonight although i have just had a 4 hour meeting at work and got a bit naughty eating brown bread sandwiches so i feel really bloated!!:sign0007:

Im really proud of myself for the weekend though and wanted to say a HUGE thank you for all your help and comments

:grouphugg::thankyou:

xxxx

Well done for making good choices Pesty!! Knew you could do it, even with the chippy tea!

Back