-: Dreams Food Diary :-

Dreams

I'm struggling with slimming world.. i hope this helps.

Last edited:
I'll be doing Extra easy unless otherwise stated.

Day 1:

B: Fat free natural yogurt with sliced pear followed by grilled kippers and wilted garlic spinach
S: An apple
L: Ainsley's Spice sensation couscous (2 syns), salad, cucumber, sweetcorn, skinless cooked chicken breast pieces,100g low fat natural cottage cheese (0.5 syn), fat free fromage frais, 8 black olived (1syn)
S: Fresh fruit, eggs and marmite sandwich (bread healthy extra b) coffee with skimmed milk from allowance
D: Jacket potato filled with cooked king prawns in fromage frais and 1 tbsp ketchup (1syn), sweet corn and salad. Freddo ( 5 syns) with tea or coffee.

syns: 9.5

Yesterday went well. I had the odd craving but stayed strong. Went to bed feeling very satisfied and happy.

Day 2:
B: 2 slices small bread (heb), 1 tsp honey (1syn), 100g low fat cottage cheese (0.5 syn) skimmed milk (hea) , 2 boiled eggs
S: 1/2 bag multipack Organix carrot stix (1.5 syn)
L: apple, salad leaves, 1 pack sainsburys chicken tikka slices and half pack chargrilled sainsburys chicken slices (both free), half a pot muller light vanilla and chocolate sprinkling (found yucky gelatine pieces), banana
S: Batchelors super Low fat thai chili noodled (free), apple
D: Shepherds pie made with extra lean beef mince, potato topped served with cabbage and green beans
Afters: Caramel freddo + highlights hot chocolate (7)

Syns: 10.5

I'm really struggling to stay on slimming world. So far my excuses for derailing;
1) It's a special night out with my OH, first time in almost a year to have someone babysit while we go out. I had a cocktail and 2 pints of beer!!!
2) "Oh nevermind, I'll just eat this crisps/biscuit/choc cake now and it will be gone for tomorrow for a fresh start"
3) It's ok, I can always start again tomorrow -- except that never really happens
4) There are more important things to worry about
5) Food is too nice to deny myself the pleasure of enjoying it - despite cooking and enjoying several SW free dishes..

I think I'm just kidding myself and not putting 100% in it.. I feel like I'm giving it a half hearted try.
I feel amazing when I stick to it.. I smile more, I'm happier..I feel less bloated despite eating lots of carbs..
I've messed the diet for things like extra bread, nutrigrain bar, free food cooked in butter..and instead of synning them I thought: well I could syn it but I don't want to use my syns on that so I'll just eat it and more and then start properly tomorrow and use my syns on something nicer..
such a useless way of thinking. It really gets me nowhere..

I feel so fat and it's all down to me.
My face is looking bloated..I feel more jiggly.. my saddlebags are bigger..

Let's give this another go, shall we?
After all, it's not really over until I stop trying................

B: b) 35g porridge made with a)skimmed milk (200ml and rest in tea/coffee) and sliced apple 1 tsp honey ( 1syn)
S: fat free bio yogurt, apple
L: Free homemade soup (butternut squash carrots leek stock cube), chicken with couscous, peppers, sweetcorn, tomatoes, beetroot 8 black olives (1syn)
S: 1/4 ciabata from sainsburys (10syns) with 1 tbsp peanut butter (4.5)* with a cup of tea
D:wedges, more soup. 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)

syns: 17.5

It was raining and I fancied something sweet. I didnt have any hot choc drink or such..and didn't fancy leaving murray to go out in the rain so I ate this before checking the syns for ciabata.. i knew it would be high... i need to be prepared with snacks for the day..i cant buy too many snacks though..

Last edited:
I ended up having beer in the evening.. my syns rocketed..
then today I messed up breakfast too..
why do i keep doing this to myself? :break_diet:

b: 2 slices 800g bread (hexb1 hexb2) with 1 tbsp peanutbutter (4.5 syns) 1.5 sainsburys croissant maybe 12 or 18 syns with 2 tsp honey (2 syns)

hmmm.... not looking good..

the past 4 days ive been very good staying within 15 syns
today i had:

b: 3 eggs omelet filled with 60g extra light tesco spreading cheese and 30ml skimmed milk for tea (A), 2 slices small hovis wholemeal (B)
1 tsp honey <1syn>
freddo <5syns>
snack: half a 32g bag salted walkers crisps ( 4.5 syns) half a banana,
white americano <0.5 syn>
lunch: chili chicken salad 3/4 < 2syns>
heinz biscotti 2.5 (2.5 syns>
tuna nicoise salad tesco < syns>
fruit and celery

dinner:
chicken salad with pasta

b= 2 egg omelet filled with extra light tesco cheese, 2 weetabix with skim milk (A+B) half grapefruit 1 options (2syns)
L= pasta. prawns, cottage cheese 100g (1syn) salad, sweetcorn, 2 tbsp light french dressing (1syn) 1 tbsp ketchup (1.5 syns), oven chips
d= garlic n pepper chicken, rice prawns salad, fruit

im so upset with myself. put on half a pound on my first weight in. i was disappointed. wednesday turned into a blow out. lots of bread, choc biscuits, pastries, pints of guinness, crisps, butter..pizza, ferrero rocher...
as a result i'm 1.4lb up since starting sw.

oh well start afresh today:

b= 2 weetabix + 190ml skimmed milk. will use rest milk later (B+A) half a large banana
L=
d=

Back