Dress for christening in July

Loser85

Gold Member
Really wanting to wear a dress for this but not sure which style would be best. Im a size 26. I seem to ditering with a maxi dress but a lot of maxi dresses seem to be too long for me but not sure if petite sizes would fit. Stuck :confused:

Loser85 said:
Really wanting to wear a dress for this but not sure which style would be best. Im a size 26. I seem to ditering with a maxi dress but a lot of maxi dresses seem to be too long for me but not sure if petite sizes would fit. Stuck :confused:

A petit size should fit, in 5.0" I find I'm the same size in a petit as I am a normal size! Maxi dress would b a good choice or something that comes in on the waist then flows over ur belly to help slim ur figure (not saying u need it, is just a flattening style)! Can u not try on a couple and see what looks best?

Petite are just the same sizes but proportioned for shorter people so you should be ok! Saying that I still find some of the short or petite ranges still too long for me!

Not many shops do my size on the rails so i have to rely on my catalogue. Thats why im trying to figure out styles etc before i buy. Would a white maxi dress be ok for a christening? If i brighten it up maybe with a colourful shrug??

If you're buying from your catalogue order a few dresses in different style, sometime we think something doesn't suit us, try it on & it's ok.

I'm not sure about white, what colouring do you have?

Brown/red hair. (depends on the dye job!) Not overly pale with brown eyes.

Ive seen a nice summery dress on simply be, white with blue flowers on. Very pretty but do they offer free returns if its no good?? Anybody know?

Never ordered from simply b but I wouldn't personally go with plain White unless u have a good tan, but if it's covered in blue flowers I think it would be great for a christening!

My vote goes to the fresh and floral dress! :)

They do free returns, I have been a customer with them for years, I love the joe brown range bit funkier than most ranges

Deff the fresh and floral!

Thanks all :)

Still tempted to order both and see how they fit. Will post pics once they arrive.

I would order a choice, some fabrics look nicer in flesh rather than catalogue. When they deliver check there is a number on for returns and they will collect to save you taking it to post office though u can do that if it's easier.

Ended up with something totally different!

My mum bought a maxi dress but it was too long for her so i tried it. Ended up buying it off her. Tis blue with orange flowers and im going to wear my white shrug with it.

Will post pics after the christening :)

Sounds nice!

Back